1/100 VF-1S

Berttt

I stumbled across this today while surfing. It's not a bad kit and would like to know more. Do any of you out there have any info on it?

http://homepage1.nifty.com/balonpark/html/vf1sbr.htm

Cheers,

Berttt

319673[/snapback]

Its the Bandai 1/100 plastic kit but he has modified it a little, in his own words (translation by excite.co.jp) :-

The repair part is as follows.

Wrists are things of GK remodeling parts on the market.

The humerus is misappropriated from 1/144GP03S.

The arm in the under : from the one of the kit.

The one of Gaoc made of Arii

Because it Meriharis and it works

It is misappropriated with super-parts.

An indirect neck : from a vernier parts on the market.

The head is a little plane of the jaw in the under.

The impression with a long face is repaired.

Post-Hame processing of each joint with Poricapp etc.

The sulk parts : parts in the kit.

It makes to 2 pieces 1 and super-parts :.

It repairs to the installed feeling.

I have this kit myself and it is definitely a lot better than the Arii 1/100s even without the detail-up work. Here is a shot of mine, un-modified apart from replacement hands.

post-660-1123850824_thumb.jpg

Thanks Mechamaster, I ran the site through Babelfish, and was just hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the Bandai 1/100's.

Until I saw that site, I had no idea that the Bandia ones were different to those awful Arii ones. I have been thinking that since the 1/100 regults and destroids are a hell of a lot cheaper than the 1/72 scale examples, that I might pick them up, along with the SMT Monster and have a representitive Valk or two in that scale. Then have all the Haseagwa Valks and anything else I can snavel in 1/72 scale displayed on a different shelf. Problem was finding a decent 1/100 scale VF-1. I think with a little work these Bandia ones will fit the bill.

Berttt

Edited by Berttt

They stand roughly 5 1/2" from toe to tip of head lasers. The fast packs add a little more. These Bandai kits blow away the Arii VF garbage. These kits are variable to transform into all 3 modes, and come with both super and strike parts, and also the light and heavy missiles. They also produced Super Max and Miriya versions of it as well as a Super VF-1D (I don't remember ever seeing such a thing in the anime). You can get these pretty cheap too. There's a guy in Hong Kong who has them pretty often on Ebay for under $10 with Buy It Now. Maybe $6.99 or so. I think his Ebay ID is rareshop. I picked up a 1/100 Tomahawk from him for $8.99 and it arrived quickly and in excellent condition.

I'm in the same boat as you, where I've got a couple 1/72 Zentraedi battlepods, including a Moscato, but ended up stocking up on the 1/100 scale because they were a lot more affordable, and many more variations available. There's 4 versions of the battlepods, the regult pod, and the 1/100 scale Zentraedi soldier, not to mention the resin Zentraedi fighter (Vulture I think). Even though I prefer the 1/72 scale, I still really like these 1/100 kits... :D

This is really getting off topic, but Imai made no variable 1/100' VF-1's as well

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models...i/im1302-81.jpg

319996[/snapback]

Haha you´re closing the circle Bertt! This IS the model from your first post - this is the first release by IMAI, later Bandai took over the molds and sold it as well!

It is just that Bandai does also reissued the variable 1/100 as well but these are the ones originally from ARII so there is quite some confusion :D

Thanks Mechamaster, I ran the site through Babelfish, and was just hoping someone might be able to shed some light on the Bandai 1/100's.

Until I saw that site, I had no idea that the Bandia ones were different to those awful Arii ones.  I have been thinking that since the 1/100 regults and destroids are a hell of a lot cheaper than the 1/72 scale examples, that I might pick them up, along with the SMT Monster and have a representitive Valk or two in that scale. Then have all the Haseagwa Valks and anything else I can snavel in 1/72 scale displayed on a different shelf. Problem was finding a decent 1/100 scale VF-1. I think with a little work these Bandia ones will fit the bill.

Berttt

319714[/snapback]

Edit: Changed Imai to Arii to clear up any confusion

Edited by Berttt

That was my bad in the variable call..... sorry about that Bertt. I looked quick at the top pic you linked to and saw the strike cannons which I have in my bandai 1/100 variable kits then jumped to conclusions. I looked more closely, and at all the pics this morning, and saw it was obviously non-variable.. :unsure: Doh! Sorry for the confusion.