Paint Type question.

ychanus

If I use lacquer base paint for the first layer, can I spray enamel base paint on top of that? Or must I have to stick with the same type?

What about the other way around? Used Enamel type on the first layer and then use Lacquer base for the second layer on top of that.

Does Lacquer base react with Enamel type paint even though they are completely dry?

Please help as I'm worry that I may mess up my project.

lacquer base: either acrylic or enamel on top is ok

acrylic base: either acrylic or enamel on top is ok, lacquer will desolve the acrylic base color

enamel base: either acrylic or enamel is ok on top, acquer will desolve the acrylic base color

apply in thin layers.

The third line, did you mean..

enamel base: either acrylic or enamel is ok on top, Lacquer will desolve the enamel base color

Please let me know.

acrylic base: either acrylic or enamel on top is ok, lacquer will desolve the acrylic base color

enamel base: either acrylic or enamel is ok on top,  acquer will desolve the acrylic base color

apply in thin layers.

319262[/snapback]

The third line, did you mean..

enamel base: either acrylic or enamel is ok on top, Lacquer will desolve the enamel base color

Please let me know.

enamel base: either acrylic or enamel is ok on top,  acquer will desolve the acrylic base color

apply in thin layers.

319262[/snapback]

319264[/snapback]

pretty much, maybe I should say it this way:

since lacquer thinner is stronger than either acrylic or enamel thinner, it is possible for the thinned lacuqer paint to soften and desolve the weaker acrylic or enamel base paint (eating away the base color). However, it is possible to apply lacquer on top of acrylic or enamel paint. All you need to do is make sure the base coat is completely dry, apply a few thinner layers of lacquer top coat, after the first layers dried of at least cured then apply more thin layers if need.

too much thinning agent will pretty much desolve any type of paint anyway. ;)

I like all Model Master color, I think their Federal Standard colors are better than everybody else's. MM acrylics are very good choice for any use.

MM enamels has great color selection, however they are a bit thick for my taste, especially for model of 1/100 and 1/144 -- the kind of stuffs we do.