A little work in my free time

Rusty

OK- I'll bite:

You have a good grasp of textures and base colring, but your shading leaves much to be desired. There is simply no shadows representing a uniform light source and the work suffers greatly for it.

You also have a problem drawing hands, something which torments me night and day as well (hence, you almost ALWAYS see my characters making fists).

For the time being, I would concentrate more on your figures and hands (hands are like a second face, as they can be so very expressive), as well as shading and lighting details.

Good work, now let's get better. I want to see two brand new pictures in this thread within the month, concentrating on the areas we have specified.

Looks good, has a nice, animation-style thing going for it :)

Good work, now let's get better. I want to see two brand new pictures in this thread within the month, concentrating on the areas we have specified.

316669[/snapback]

WDC, you're a truly awesome artist, and you certainly know your stuff when it comes to colouring. I know you have good intentions of trying to encourage the Rusty, but I'm wondering if it's really necessary to sorta order this guy around. :unsure:

Looks good, has a nice, animation-style thing going for it  :)

316669[/snapback]

WDC, you're a truly awesome artist, and you certainly know your stuff when it comes to colouring. I know you have good intentions of trying to encourage the Rusty, but I'm wondering if it's really necessary to sorta order this guy around. :unsure:

316845[/snapback]

I thought that if he had someone who was interested and spurring him on, he would actually do it. There's nothing like "forced inspiration" to accelerate someone's skills.

:D:p

I thought that if he had someone who was interested and spurring him on, he would actually do it. There's nothing like "forced inspiration" to accelerate someone's skills.

:D  :p

317073[/snapback]

Good point.

I second the motion, Rusty. Show us some more of your stuff :)

Edited by bake_art

• 2 weeks later...
OK- I'll bite:

You have a good grasp of textures and base colring, but your shading leaves much to be desired. There is simply no shadows representing a uniform light source and the work suffers greatly for it.

You also have a problem drawing hands, something which torments me night and day as well (hence, you almost ALWAYS see my characters making fists).

For the time being, I would concentrate more on your figures and hands (hands are like a second face, as they can be so very expressive), as well as shading and lighting details.

316669[/snapback]

oh god i couldnt bemore with you on that , Hands are my 9th symphony, they can drive me nutty. One thing i have found that seems to work is to always draw hands larger then you would normally draw them. You can express alot with hands, just ask a mime ..erm.

Yea anyway drawing them larger then you would normally do usually works to help shape them up instead of leaving them as unsketched shapes or circles which i tend to do alot. That isnt to say they have to be gigantic over-wanked claws but drawing hands larger then normal almost always looks better then drawing them too small