what should I get?

Druna Skass

well, me being a mac lover, i'd buy the new 17" titanium. I love that thing. It beautiful. If I had to get a pc laptop, I would probably get the toshiba one, I don't know too much about it, but it looks nice!! and powerful too! what's your budget anyway?

Here's my opinions on laptop computers (I too look to get one but it means stopping to buy Valks for a while):

Best: IBM, Toshiba, Apple.

Avoid: Dell, Compaq, Sony.

Also, do you wish to use a laptop for basic stuff (e-mail, DVD playback, word processing, etc.) or for heavy number-crunching (CGI animation, video editing, DVD-R burning, etc.)?

well, me being a mac lover, i'd buy the new 17" titanium. I love that thing. It beautiful. If I had to get a pc laptop, I would probably get the toshiba one, I don't know too much about it, but it looks nice!! and powerful too! what's your budget anyway?

Me too. I'm at a toss-up between an iBook or a 12" PowerBook.

Here's my opinions on laptop computers (I too look to get one but it means stopping to buy Valks for a while):

Best: IBM, Toshiba, Apple.

Avoid: Dell, Compaq, Sony.

Also, do you wish to use a laptop for basic stuff (e-mail, DVD playback, word processing, etc.) or for heavy number-crunching (CGI animation, video editing, DVD-R burning, etc.)?

I need something that can crunch numbers, like maybe handle AutoCAD Lite or at the most Inventor.

And I can spend about 2 grand.