My old kits

Black Valkyrie

I'm into those 1/200 nichi kits right now. I think they are a good place to build up modeling skills for a beginner like myself. The kits are cheap, and pretty easy to find. Also, if you don't have a dedicated place in your house to setup a bench, they make good use of the kitchen table after the kids are in bed.

This is my first and only diorama so far.... I first built it up with the intention of auctioning it off to help pay for some of the other model kits I've picked up (it's a terrible addiction :unsure: . But once I finished it, I couldn't bring myself to let it go, even if its reeks of novice. It was also my first attempt at toying around with LED's and fiber.

post-3041-1121270266_thumb.jpg

post-3041-1121270401_thumb.jpg

Nice pics RT junkie. As for my kits they are old from 87 especially GBP VF-1A and VF-1J in Skull Leader color style. The VF-1A Battroid and Guardian are from 96, you can tell from their colors that it`s based on YF-19 ... Yep thats when the first time I saw Macross Plus and of course went crazy :p

Nice diorama, or should I say playset? Come on how many times have you setup your models to do a surprise attack from behind the rock, huh huh, you can tell us, it's ok :lol:;)

Some clearer pics, and my "smoldering" tree....

310099[/snapback]

I think it was a Robotech "Battlecry" inspired moment.... theres one mission where you walked through a valley of boulders and could "sneak" up on some battlepods...

On the playset front.... I'm afraid this VF is never gonna get a clear shot. He's screwed in place as the wires for the LED's, and the fiber optics run up through his legs, and the same with the regult.

Edited by RT junkie

I bought a ton of these 1/200 kits... even though the valks leave quite a bit to be desired, the Regults and some of the destroids look alright to me. My goal was to build up a 1/200 SDF-1 in my basement to set up a battle scene on/around, but not exactly sure about materials for it.

I'm figuring the SDF would have to be about 8 meters long...... Let's see, I'm in my early 30's now, so by the time I reach retirement age, I might have one of the carriers ready. Maybe I should make it a life-long goal, and have it open so I could fit inside. It would be the ultimate coffin!!! Who says you can't take your toys with you???? :p