Toy Ages

Bmaximum

I was cutting the grass and thinking...What are the differences in toy years for an item to go from new to classic, classic to vintage, vintage to antique? I was thinking new to classic, store bought to 10 & 15 years, classic to vintage, 10+~30+, vintage to antique being any toy over 30 years of age. Anyone else have info to support or disclaim?

Edited by Bmaximum

I would say that vintage would be between 20 to 30 years and this is because toys if treated like toys have the life span of your favourite gerbil. If treated right though they...... still can have short life spans just because of qc issues.

Pretty funny Toonz :lol::D but it still doesen't give me the faintest clue as to which is which for a decent age grade.

Evanta, we are not trying to sponsor conformity, just trying to figure out if anyone already knows the brackets for toy ages that has most likely been set long ago. I am more than sure that this isn't the first time this subject has been brought up. in fact I'd be willing to wager that it's come up enough times for a group of someones to put out a set date or age to recognize a toy's graduation from one group to another.

Thanks Akabob for your guesstimate...As for the gerbil, I've now gotten some rather funky thoughts running through my head like, searching the nearest pet shop for a gerbil with QC problems...I'll leave it at that. Must be getting dumb tired.

To me these terms mean the following:

Vintage: From the original release of the item as describe in the listing. (IE. "Vintage Bandai Super Valkyrie" should refer to the release from the 80's)

Classic: Could be the original or a re-release which is nearly identical to the the original version (I am usually very careful to examine a product when I hear this term). Typically used in a re-release as a "Classic Style X" IE. The Bandai re-issues might be described as "Classic Style Bandai Super Valkyrie".

Antique: Usually referring to a toy over 50 years old or older. An item which came from 2 or more generations ago.