Deep Paint 2.0 has become freeware

chrono

This program is one of the easiest texture making programs you'll ever find aside from costly professional packages. It's very easy to add depth to your textures with this program because it's native format saves MULTIPLE times and saves the different channels(diffuse,shine,base,etc) that make up the image. Which makes it great for 3D work!

http://www.download.com/Deep-Paint/3000-21...tml?tag=lst-2-7

:o Holy shite! Thanks for the heads-up... been meaning to mess around with this program for some time... but now that its FREE, there's really no longer any excuse not to!

BTW, wasn't this recently retailing for liek nearly $800 (USD)?!? How the heck are they managing to offer it free???

Hm, I have Painter and it is by far the best and has the most naturalistic artist tools avialable, IMO... but... and correct me if I'm wrong... isn't Deep Paint's appeal that it has all the widgets that make it inherently more useful for creating textures for 3D models? Or have I been missing out on some 3D features on Painter that have been right under my nose all along??? Painter is my weapon of choice for 2D illustration, but - and I haven't installed it yet to noodle around with it - isn't Deep Paint supposed to have plug-in capabilities w/ Photoshop, thereby balancing it out somewhat with Painter? Just curious, as I am not all that familiar with Deep Paint... I've got too many payin' jobs goin' on at the moment to experiment with new software at the moment...

Thats pretty nice tool to have. but the only prob I find is getting the complex model all flatten out to make the uv map. be nice if lightwave have a textporter plugin like 3ds max or even better they have a 3d painting program built in that automaticly sets a uv map and saves the texture you made as a graphics file.