missile phalanx build up?

jonn13

Do you have a picture that can help give us a better idea of what your question is? I am assuming that you are building a resin kit. I have not completed one of these, but I am sure people will be more responsive if you have a visual aid to help.

I'm guessing you're talking about the 1/100 scale plastic kit.

If I remember correctly, the front interior of the missle pods are what really need attention. The molded in missle tips just look totally fake. That's where I would concentrate my efforts first.

As for the back near the thrusters. I suppose you could use some thin plastic strips glued in to look like structural parts of the pod's frame. I think it would be a tight fit to put too much more in there. Maybe use a thin piece of wire to look like lines running to the thrusters' base/connection joint.

I hope that makes sense. A picture of the spot you are talking about would help.

Just use your imagination and have fun!

edit: Oh yeah! Welcome to the boards too! Keep posting pics and questions. There are a lot of friendly model builders here who will help however we can.

Edited by jardann

Hi jonn13!

I think jardann is right, don´t forget the front ends! I guess painting the backplate black and highlighting the missile tips will help but if you really want to go into detail consider cutting away the back plate then making a new one further aft. Keep the missile tips, make them longer and glue to the new back plate. You could also add some styrene strips to simulate a kind of missile holding rack.

The lineart for these guys is not very detailed and you won´t see too much of them in the anime so use your imagination! That´s why I like anime models more than "real" tank/plane kits. No need to count rivets! ;)

As for the thrusters, the first thing that came to my mind was a pic of a scratchbuilt Gundam in the Sentinel artbook. Maybe a bit over-engineered but it shows what CAN be done. Sorry for the bad pic had to photograph it since my scanner sucks, hope you still see what I mean.

post-23-1116939655_thumb.jpg