Gameboy Micro

I would love to see some of it be little better mainly the sound (some games its bit scratchy like your going to blow out the little speaker even if the sound is set way down) and maybe a gba/micro version of the ds speak being its small size it would be perfect.

article on the top

color_16.jpg

If I was to get it I would get the one with the faceplate with the broken 3rd button print. looks bit cool. :)

Edited by Zentrandude

So this being an evolution of the GBA... does it also play cartridges all the way back to the original GB?

I'd bet no, though it's just a guess.

Not supprting the 8bit GBs means they can scrap a processor(the z80-ish thing isn't available in GBA mode), as well as ditching the hardware needed to sense 8bit games and supply 5v to the cart slot instead of 3.3(if I recall the voltages right).

Damn. For me, the joy of GB is the backward compatibility going all the way back to the beginning. Hundreds of games.

Now, one of the articles I read was that the GBM will allow one to play the 700 game back catalogue. Are there already 700 GBA games? I didn't think there were that many.

Although I had known for some time that there was an extra processor in the GBA to play old GB games, and I figured the small size of this thing means they've likely gutted that. But like the "Limited Edition 1/48 CF" thing, I remain clinging to hope... :(