Gundam MS In Action Extended

Hi

I sold off all my regular MSIA's a while back. I saw the new EMSIA's and they look pretty nice. So I'm debating on if I should start a new collection up again.

The thing is I'm not sure if they are just remaking some old MSIA's or if this is a while new line. I heard that they are bigger then the regular MSIA's so pehaps they are not meant to go together.

From the rumor mill, does anyone know if they will make these for other series besides Zeta?

And are they the same scale as FIXX/Zenography?

Thanks

Here's a re-cap of what has been and what will be.

EXTENDED MSIA

MS-07B Gouf (BOX) (12/2004)

RX-178 Gundam MK II (Titans Use – Unit 03) (BOX) (1/2005)

RX-178 Gundam MK II (AEUG Use) (BOX) (2/2005)

RX-178 Gundam MK II (Titans Use – Unit 01) (4/2005)

RX-178 Gundam MK II (Titans Use – Unit 02) (4/2005)

MSZ-006 Zeta Gundam (6/2005)

MS-06F Zaku II (9/2005)

They aren't 1/144 as the FIX series, more like 1/170+ish....I think....

Just as Shin said, they are the same scale as regular MSiA,

but may appear to be a bit 'bigger' as the new sculpts may be closer to the actual suit's dimensions.

As far as other series go..........who knows.......they are, so far, extending MSiAs that were released back in '99 and '00, maybe we'll see some Wing or, even better, the Turn ∀ !!!

I have the Mk-II Titans EMSiA, and it's way more poseable and bendy (softer material) than the old one that's out. The weathering and paneling is way beyond the simple paint jobs on the old MSiA as well; especially the new SEED destiny ones with no panel lining. Also the size, its about the same size as a regular MSiA; actually smaller than some. Hope this helps!

thanks for the info guys.

I think my biggest concern/question is if this is a new line or just re-doing some of the previous MSIA's?

Seems the concensus is it's just a re-do. Which I honestly don't want just a few mechs that are better versions of what I've already gotten rid of.

So I guess for now I'll just wait and see where the line goes.

Thanks again.

Out of topic but still Gundam miniature toys related!

How come I see not much interest in the BanDai HCMPro Gundam line and all I hear is the MISA line?

To be honest are the HCMPro line in comparisson more articulated and better value for money?

Just curious,

Andy :)

HCM pro are straight 1/200 scale. So yes smaller...as for fragile, I dunno its debatable. They are made of ABS rather than PVC, and have PVC for thin parts(V fins). ABS is a lot harder than PVC. They are less articulated than the 2.0 MSIA and EMSIA but form what I hear a lot of people prefer the HCMpro to MSIA.....mostly because in some ways they are more detailed(new zaku coming with moving MONO EYE!...Force impulse with transforming core fighter, exposed circuitry and pistons...), and most of all because the change in material(ABS over PVC). So HCMpro do not suffer from gashapon disease like the MSIA and are certain to last longer since ABS does not tend to "give" like PVC. They also come in cases made to blend in with your DVD collection.

The only turn off to me is the price...they cost a tad bit more than MSIA.

• 3 weeks later...

hey andy,

MSIAs are approximately 1/144 i think .. so bigger. i've seen the HCMs, they don't look too .. fun.

how much do MSIAs cost in hong kong? man oh man i can't wait for july to roll around! *salivates* i'm going to buy up the entire seed destiny line!

Hey Black Valkyrie, I was looking at your sig and saw you have kadoh senshi gundam in it. You may know this, but just in case, kadoh/kado/kadou means articulation and kadou senshi gundam is the name of a toy line, but the actual show is kidou senshi gundam. I was just thinking that your sig looks like part of the opening song so maybe it wasn't intentional. If it is, forget I mentioned it.

Hey Black Valkyrie, I was looking at your sig and saw you have kadoh senshi gundam in it. You may know this, but just in case, kadoh/kado/kadou means articulation and kadou senshi gundam is the name of a toy line, but the actual show is kidou senshi gundam. I was just thinking that your sig looks like part of the opening song so maybe it wasn't intentional. If it is, forget I mentioned it.

Thanx for telling me :) , I thought they both spell the same in the English writing. Anyway no need to change it.