1/48 transformation problem

Slugworth

I did a search but couldn't really find a solution to this.

I've had my 1/48 Hikaru VF-1S for a while now and its been in robot mode at my desk at work. I've only transformed it once (fighter to robot). But everyone that walks by my desk begs me to transform it. One guy just stares in awe at it. So finally I caved in.

So now my problem. I can't seem to fit the shoulder under the chest area when going back to fighter mode. There are two little tabs on the underside that look like they are supposed to lock the shoulder base into place after swinging the arm around. Right now, the arms are very flimsy and hang down. I also can't attach the gun because of this. With everything fitting so well, I highly doubt the arms are supposed to be this loose. And I don't remember how it looked when I took it out of the package. I have used quite a bit of force, but no dice. Using any more force will probably break it.

The directions don't show a very clear picture of this step, which I think is a pretty crucial step. I realize this is difficult to explain without a photograph. Anyone know how to handle this?

Edited by Slugworth

If you're talking about these tabs, I've never been able to fit the shoulder hinge over them, on any of my 1/48s. Do what Zentrandude said and lock the pegs on the inner legs into the recessed holes on the forearm just behind the wrist.

post-4-1114242147_thumb.jpg

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

The top of the picture shows the peg on the leg and the shallow hole on the forearm. The bottom is what you're looking to get to. It's actually easiest to lock the arms together with the gunpod between them and move them as a single piece. Spread the legs out a touch and lower the arms. Squeeze the legs inward and the pegs will find the holes. It should hold, even with the strap on the gunpod. Sorry about the lack of detail on the leg peg, but I wanted to show off my custom VF-1AJ! LOL!

post-4-1114243951_thumb.jpg

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!