YF-19 transformation problem

JonL

Hi everyone.

I just purchased a mint YF-19 Yamato toy. As I can see, it is an early version with the dreaded plastic tab at the front of "tab B", so I need to be extremely careful during transformation.

I'm planning on keeping it in fighter mode, but I'm currently having difficulties transforming it. As a matter of fact, when I try to slide the little red tabs under the hips, stress makes tab B pop open, threatening to break the dreaded plastic thingie (see picture).

Aaaargh! No no no, don't break, little tab, please ! :o

On the other hand, if I unlock tab B before I slide the red tabs in place, the wing tabs just won't fit in their holes (they're several millimeters too high).

It really looks like the hip pivot is quite a bit too low to allow the whole toy to snap into place (see second picture, which shows the toy sitting on its back).

Any advice?

Maybe I should just put the toy back in the box and cherish it at a safe distance? :huh:

post-4-1113906216_thumb.jpg

Check out grahams review of the yf-19 with the tab b problem. Actually it just show what to do if you broke it my bad . Maybe you can file down the tab-b so the fit wont be so tight.

heres the link

yf-19

from Rich

Edited by goldenboy_forever

Got it ! Phew !

Actually I had already read Graham's review, but it made much more sense as soon as I had a look in a dictionary for the definition of "to file" :lol:

So pointing me at the review helped a lot, thanks.

It all fits together now, but I had to file both ends of tab B, the tab B spine (so that the torso could lower a bit), the inside of each hip (so that red tabs could fit in) and both parts of the hip pivot.

And everything's so tight it really feels as if the whole toy is about to explode. I'm not touching a thing from now on! :huh:

By the way, tab B is still intact. :D

Thanks again.