Big ADV Films Anime Sale

Wes

Thats about the only really worthwhile thing on the whole list.

But thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Well according to Firefox (the web browser, not the Soviet Super Jet), the information on one's credit card is sent unencrypted even though the page itself where you type the number is. Something I have never seen before.

Sorry ADV, no sale.

Edited by Bloodcat

Edit: Well according to Firefox (the web browser, not the Soviet Super Jet), the information on one's credit card is sent unencrypted even though the page itself where you type the number is. Something I have never seen before.

Sorry ADV, no sale.

Yeah, I caught that too. While I wouldn't mind getting the R1 Saint Seiya discs I'm not going to buy these seeing that my info has a good chance of being foudn by a crook. It's risky enough on better secured sites as it is.

WTF!!! From ADV Site at Checkout.

"Unless specifically noted, products (and the accompanying packing) may be previously owned, used, demos or cutouts. Otherwise, products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, product bar codes may be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including by means of cutting, punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without full retail packaging. Except as expressly provided otherwise, products are sold as-is."

What does this mean? That if the item doesn't say BRAND NEW it might be an used item??

Also at some point it was showing me all Saint seiya dvds for sale... but now only box 1 and 5... what happened?

~Tico

Edited by Tico0001

Wasn't paying attention to that security-issue when I ordered. :( Hope it'll be no problem. Maybe you can call in and order?

Sorry about not going over the site all that well, I could tell it wasn't the greatest thing, but the prices are so low so I thougth it may be worth putting it out to some of you. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

Okay, I've done some digging around, and apparently the ADV site has these deals very often, so I'd recommend checking on your own regularly. The problems I've heard with getting it from these guys like this are 1) X cut in the UPC code :huh: , 2) some defective disc, and 3) NO REFUNDS! So definite buyer-beware.

BUT... I did have a slick idea - DeepDiscountDVD does pricematching on a DVD by DVD basis, ie price+shipping per item. Therefore, if you just go to their site and request a PM of what ADV has on sale, you can get it thru a good company. It's like $5 S+H for 1 item at ADV plus $1 for each additional one(at least for me), so you have to pay the shown price plus $5, so PM could end up being a bad idea if you want alot of disc. So use this to evaluate which deal is best for you:cheap discs with a little risk, or pay a little more for the sure thing

The noteable deal, for April 15-17, for me is Mospeada for <$30 with PM B)) . You can also pick up Getter Robo:Armaggedon(I heard some people here like this line) for $11 per disc without PM. Hold off though on getting Rahxephon regardless, it seems that the box set will be $54 at DeepDiscountDVD soon.

Wes, i'm afraid I'm still going to pass. Any site that may have defectives and not issue refunds will be a pain. Even if you are sent a replacement how do you know even the replacement disc isn't flawed too? Just dealing with ADV directly when I got a defective disc in my Noir box set was a hassle because that's what happened to me.

DDDVD.com..... Oh brother... That's another complicated story I can tell you about. They are only good for current releases and an order of 1 to 2 DVD sets if you are going to preorder. Otherwise, they aren't any good at all. I lost my Minas Tirith set due to them and as a result Minas Morgul too. The only bright side of that story however was that they had screwed up so badly with my orders that I ended up with 1 extra free Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam box set.

As for theose price match deals I got all of Rahxephon as a box set for a total of $38, my Mospeada set for $24 shipped and Southern Cross for just $12 shipped on ebay. All brand new and just depends on if you know the right timing to bid on auctions from certain sellers (and doing searches for sellers that are not good spellers).