Alumilite Non Toxic Resin

Dax415

I've used it, although it's not my favourite of the resins I've used. I can't vouch for it being 'safe', but I'm not dead yet. Does that count?

The outside of the bottle reads:

Danger: Harmful or fatal if swallowed. Vapor harmful. Vapor overexposure may cause headaches and dizziness. May cause skin, eye or respiratory tract irritation. Chronic overexposure by inhalation or dermal contact can cause respiratory or skin sensitazion, an asthmatic response or dermatits. Heating may cause hazardous decomposition products.

...so in what way was it supposed to be 'safe'? ;-)

Seriously, you should always use resins in a ventilated area, they give off fairly nasty fumes while they're curing, and you should always wear gloves and avoid getting them on your skin. If you're careful and not stupid then you should be fine, but keep the stuff out of your kitchen. ;-)

Alumilite is a fairly expensive resin to use, though, for what it is... it's functionally identical to any number of more generic brands and notably more expensive. Some people claim it's more prone to getting air trapped in it, too.