Alfa System Games

wolfx

I knew that somehow Gunparade March and Kenran Butohsai was linked....but I didn't know it was up to such....strange proportions. ANyone played GPM or any of Alfa system games? I read that GPM was great for its time and its story paths are very flexible. You could take on the commander role, the mecha pilot, the engineer, etc or jusst the slacker out to date the girls....... :lol:

Exerpt from another forum:

In the Alfa System multiverse, there are 7 worlds or alternate realities / earths, numbered from 1 ~ 7. Each of the worlds are distinguished by the level of technology they have and the amout of magic in the world - world #1 being the most "magical" and #7 having no ghost / spirit / magic whatsoever. This does not mean that world #1 has very backward technology; it's just the type of technology is unique to each world.

The 1st world: Silence Odessey : "Technology of speech / words"

The 2nd world: Gold / Dance Technology : "Technology of song and dance"

The 3rd world: Heart of Hydrogen Technology : "Technology of hydrogen"

The 4th world: Elemental Gear Bolt : "Technology fueled by spirits"

The 5th world: Gunparade March Technology : "Biotechnology"

The 6th world: Gorgeous Tango Technology : "Mechanical engineering"

The 7th world: Observational Technology : "Information science"

Our reality is quite similiar to world #7, and it could be Kenran Butoh Sai's world as well. The GPM world is set in world #5. The main "alien" enemies and some of the weapons / technology in the GPM games came from world #4 I think, which is also the same world as the Elemental Gear Bolt game. The Shikigami no Shiro series is set in world #6.

The worlds are connected together via a system known as WTG (World Time Gate), commonly shown as a gigantic blue pillar that falls from the heavens. The WTG only allows information and not tangible objects (well, usually) to pass through them. When a big event occurs in a world, the information is passed to the other worlds automatically, but the transfer doesn't happen automatically (there is a noticable time difference), therefore, the worlds are connected through time and space.

Because of this connection, the WTG can be likened to a form of check and balance, so if some earth shattering event happens in (let's say) world #6 where someone wants to start a new war, a chain of events will happen which will lead to a counterpart rising in world #7 and starting a war as well. But, as I mentioned earlier, it can take time for informtion to pass from one world to another, and in special cases, the information actually returns back to the world where it originated from. This event is known as a "Refrain".

One example of this happening was in GPM's world, where Hitler was Napoleon's Refrain. When Napoleon arised in the GPM world, the information was passed around to the other worlds, but it somehow returned to the GPM world and resulted in the rise of another Napoleon = Hitler.

Alfa System has also done some other games such as a Vampire Panic - a vampire hunting game and even a Evangelion game, both for the ps2, but I'm not sure if they fall in the same multiverse.

Anyone else has more insight onto this?