Burning VF-X2

Gyges

I've downloaded the VF-X2 .BIN from iMacross; any advice on how to burn it such that I can play it on my PS2 with Swapmagic 3.3? My efforts thus far have produced unreadable discs. Is what I'm attempting impossible?

Thanks in advance...

I've downloaded the VF-X2 .BIN from iMacross; any advice on how to burn it such that I can play it on my PS2 with Swapmagic 3.3? My efforts thus far have produced unreadable discs. Is what I'm attempting impossible?

Thanks in advance...

I always thought that swap magic couldn't be used for booting up PS1 games/back ups(never worked for me) on the PS2. Isn't there a swap disc for booting up PS1 back ups games on a PS2 available?

Swap magic discs don't boot PS1 backups on the PS2. Try using a GameShark or Pro Action Replay, the only downside is that you have to fumble through their respective menus. Also, the GS and PAR don't work too well with games that use Redbook audio, but the majority of PS1 games that used that type of audio were the first gen games.

You need Breaker Pro, not Swapmagic, to play ps1 backups on a ps2. (You need to make a .cue file to burn the .bin of the ps1 game; if you need help with that, visit afterdawn.com since it's a FAQ over there.)

(Personally, having tried VF-X2 on someone else's modded PS1, I can't imagine going to the trouble.)

Edited by ewilen