Official Toy Colors

Neova

I was comparing the toy colors from various makers and one thing I noticed (to my eyes) were the variations.

For example, which one of these have the correct and official color schemes for the TV Cannon Fodder:

Yamato 1/60 CF VF-1A - light brown?

Yamato 1/60 CF VF-1A TRU Edition - darker brown?

Bandai / Takatoku 1/55 CF VF-1A - dark brown?

What about the DYRL CF?

And what is the exact color for the Kakizaki TV version? It is the inverse of one of the above, or Toynami's version which looks like light tan or is a different shade altogether?

What is the exact grey color for the TV Fast Packs? I can't find any reference for these.

I would appreciate it if anyone can suggest paint codes for TV, DRYL CF, TV Kakizaki and TV FP colors.

By far, the most accurate colors I've seen have been from Hasegawa. True, you have to paint the majority of the model, but the sample pics on the box are the best.

Yamato's record, on the other hand, has varied from exemplary to awful. The 1/60 DYRL Fast Pack colors are perfect, yet they added a green tint in the 1/48 versions? IIRC, Yamato did say that the 1/60 colors were "official", so why the change in the 1/48 version? Then there's the horrid purple-people-eater YF-21 FP, why Yamato, why?!

edit: grammar

Edited by TheLoneWolf