Bandai 1/72 VF-1 (Max)

Jagull

• 2 weeks later...
picked up this kit a few days ago as a late b-day gift for myself. Anywho, its a weird (in my eyes) kit; most plastic kits i've seen (ok pretty much Gundams) all have plugs & sockets. This kit doesnt have any o.O

It's a very old kit. Imai produced it in 82 or 83, then Bandai acquired the rights to the molds from Imai later. I have a similar kit but I never did much work with it. At this point I'll probably never do anything with it because it's so old and, transformation or not, the Hasegawa kits are better...

I imagine it's a complicated kit to work with, because of the lack of modularity and all the moving parts. What I would do is re-joint things where I can, using option parts and such to make it more modular without sacrificing the posability. I can't really help you with any specific advice for this kit, however... sorry.

The variable kit is actually quite fun to build but not too straight forward :rolleyes:

If I remember correctly they came pre-coloured and it is best to leave it that way unless you plan not to transform it as you bound to get paint chip ;)

:)

B))

Just like Valk009 and tetsujin said, this kit are very old and complicate.

But I feel it a most amazing kit of MACROSS kit in 83'.

In fact, include ARII(or Bandai) released 1/100 normal/Super variable VF-1 series, and Takatoku's 1/55 toy, those transform idea are copy from this kit! in the same years GUNDAM kits level just like childen's doll. :(

Maybe I can give you some suggest for build this kit if you want to finish it on transformable(not fixed pose) and won't to made refine modify too much, beacuse I have all type(VF-1A/J/S/D) of this kind kit more then 15 boxes.

Some parts are not too strong to play transformation usually, and some moveable parts will let you get some paint chip like Valk009 said. so you must made some parts more thinly and made some parts stronger. :D

I was finished VF-1J and VF-1S, but can not to view how to made stronger and modify for parts because it were painted, so I will try take some photos to explain how to made.

Some parts needs stronger:

ex. Joint between legs and main body(fighter mode), Joint with backpack and main body, Joint for V-wings and backpack, nose gear side-doors.....

some parts needs more thinly:

ex. upper leg parts, nose gear side-doors......

Oh! you may need some staples to made parts stronger!

Happy modelling.

Do you know? My English name are Jagu. Liu, it's similar with youi :D

Edited by Re-issue_Liu