Request for comparison pics

gian7675

Just wondering if can somebody post pics side by side the 1/72 Hasegawa Optional weapons & 1/60 Yamato weapons.

I want to see if how big is the difference between the two scales. I'm planning to use the 1/72 Hasegawa Optional Weapons on the 1/60 Yamato Valks.

I'm kind of frustrated on being stuck with just the Reaction Missiles on my 1/60 VF-1S Strike Valk.

Thanks!

Gian :)

If it's just the pins you might be able to drill out the original missile pegs and replace them with a piece of stock styrene.

Thanks for the info guys!

Anyway, I'm also quite interested as to how Jarod did his removable 1/72 Optional Weapons on his 1/72 Hasegawa Perfect Transforming Valk. Does anybody have an idea how he did it?

In my imagination, if I drill the wing so that the missiles will hang down from it, it will fall off because there's no was it can stick to the wing.

What should one to so that the missile pegs will stick under the wing and yet stay under it without falling off?

Well....couple ideas...

The Yamato peg hole is a hexagon (or some shape...damn geometry class eludes me)..the peg is a cylinder...so it binds at the touch points...if you drilled a hole in the missile pylon large enough to wrap around the raised win peg hole and then put a peg inside the pylon that would work. The cooler idea I like is removing the peg hole and buying some tiny rare earth magnets. Imbed one in the pylon and either one or some metal where the peg hole was...(paint)...and voila...your pylons will stay, are adjustable, and will never break free. KidK (I think) did this on some 1/55 customs.

Well....couple ideas...

The Yamato peg hole is a hexagon (or some shape...damn geometry class eludes me)..the peg is a cylinder...so it binds at the touch points...if you drilled a hole in the missile pylon large enough to wrap around the raised win peg hole and then put a peg inside the pylon that would work. The cooler idea I like is removing the peg hole and buying some tiny rare earth magnets. Imbed one in the pylon and either one or some metal where the peg hole was...(paint)...and voila...your pylons will stay, are adjustable, and will never break free. KidK (I think) did this on some 1/55 customs.

Thanks myerssjesse for the tips! :) Magnets eh?....I wonder where I can find magnets that are that small... never did encounter such small magnets before.

Some of them are really strong....and can pinch skin...or worse if your not careful.

Oh...that strong eh.

Btw, I only noticed now that you only mentioned the Reaction Missiles. How about the Cluster Missiles and Micro Misiles? Are they also almost identical like the Reaction MMissiles 1/60 & 1/72?