Ships/mecha from Macross PS2 Game

ewilen

The MAHQ.net owner has requested a list of which ships & mecha appear in the PS2 game, so let's see if we can name all of them. (The Zents shouldn't be too hard--mostly all you have to do is look at the grand summary screen. But I'm going to do it from memory since my wife is watching TV at the moment.)

Zentradi:

Glaug (Does Kamjin's get special colors? What about the stage one boss?)

Regult (Do these only appear in the missile form, and if so, Heavy, Light, or both? I'm pretty sure I don't ever see any scouts.)

Gnerl

Queadluun-Rau (Both the Green and Millia's DYRL red version appear. In the TV stages Millia's is Green but I don't know if it differs from the standard issue variety. In the DYRL stages I don't recall if the standard issue is Green or another color. Also, I'm pretty sure that aside from colors, all the details in the game are based on the DYRL version, e.g., in the shape of the antenna.)

Nousjadeul-Ger (I'm pretty sure the DYRL design is used on both the TV and DYRL stages.)

Quel-Quallie

Golg Gants Charts

Salvage Ship (? the ship that captures the Catseye, listed on mahq.net as "Recovery Pod")

Fulbtzs-Berrentzs (in the final TV stage)

Bodolza-class mothership (in the final DYRL stage)

Nupetiet-Vergnitzs

Queadol-Magdomilla

Thuverl Salan

(I'm pretty sure the Quitra Queleual does not appear in the game.)

Picket (? the ship that fires missiles at the SDF-1 in the Daedalus Attack TV stage near Saturn)

Meltrandi:

Gunship (from DYRL)

Queadluun-Rau (see above)

UN Spacy:

VF-1A (also Super version)

VF-1J (also Super and GBP-1S versions)

VF-1S (also Super and Strike versions)

VF-1D (also Super version)

VT-1 (Super only or does this come in the non-Super version?)

VE-1

Catseye

VF-4 (exact variant unclear but it's not the VF-X-4. It's been noted that, in the game, the twin beam cannons aren't properly represented and instead fire exactly like twin gun cannons)

SDF-1 (TV and DYRL versions)

ARMD (as part of the DYRL-version SDF-1)

Daedalus and Prometheus (as parts of the TV-version SDF-1)

(I may be mistaken but I don't think any destroids actually appear in the game.)

Any mistakes or omissions?

The monster and the phalanx at least appear in the game, in the last mission of tv story when the Macross destroy the Zentradi Mother ship.

The VF-4 is the Ichijo one from flashback, so is already listed under Flashback 2012 in MAHQ

The VT-1 came with or w/o the fastpacks the VE-1 is FP only.

The standard glaug is yellow instead of red the kanjim one is the well known normal glaug from the tv series.

I have pics of normal regult and light missiles so they are in the game, don't remember if there is the heavy missiles carrier.

http://www.bandaigames.channel.or.jp/list/...s/mechanic.html

Edited by Ido