Jean-Pierre Jeunet and Audrey Tatou

EXO

I know there's some Amelie fans and more importantly Jean-Pierre Jeunet Alien Ressurection fans :p here. So here's a story that might interest some people...

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=174263

If anyone hasn't seen Amelie, you should definitely check it out along with Jeunet's The City of Lost Children and Delicatessen.

Yeah, I've been waiting for Un long dimanche de fiançailles (A Very Long Engagement) to open all year. It actually opened yesterday but not anywhere near here, so I'll have to wait a bit longer to see it. If it's anywhere near as good as the Sébastien Japrisot novel it should be a fantastic film. Audrey Tautou is absolutely perfect for the role of Mathilde.

As for Jean-Pierre Jeunet, I'm a huge fan of his, but even he couldn't save Alien Resurrection. I do like it better than Alien 3, though.

::edit::

The observant posters may notice that I've had an Audrey/Long Engagement avatar for a few weeks now. :lol:

Edited by eriku

Went to go see it last night... not as good as Amelie but stil one of the best movies this year. They didn't take a dvantage of Audrey Tatou's looks this time around, but the story unfolds quite nicely.

I forgotten that Jodie Foster had a small part in this flick, she did pretty well in a French speaking role.

Went to go see it last night... not as good as Amelie but stil one of the best movies this year. They didn't take a dvantage of Audrey Tatou's looks this time around, but the story unfolds quite nicely.

I forgotten that Jodie Foster had a small part in this flick, she did pretty well in a French speaking role.

Good to hear! I recommend the book, too. One thing I'm wondering is why Jeunet made such a big change to Mathilde's character. In the book she's paralyzed and in a wheel-chair, while she seems to just have a limp in the film. I'm sure it was a decision based purely on aesthetics, but still, it's a big change.