Latest TRON rendering...

wwwmwww

Hello Guys,

I've posted my latest TRON rendering over at TRON-Sector. I thought it'd be just as easy to point you there as post them here:

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default....o=top&id=268618

Feel free to make comments here or there. If you'd reather me post the pictures here in the future I can do that too if there is interest.

Enjoy,

Carl

mmmm Tron I love that. really nice. Perhaps can you render the light cycles in a more dramatic shot? kinda liek slow shutter speed so you have motion blur. Then the camera would be positioned low to the ground and in front of the cycle about 10 feet and a little to the side so your looking down the side and at the front of the cycle. Have the cycle leaning ever so gently into a turn so you can see another cycle behind it?

Kinda like how I did these pics with my choro q

DSCN2109.jpg

DSCN2111.jpg

wow nice. Can you do a static image and then photoshop the blur?

Can it be done... probably. Can I do it? No, not without learning alot more about photoshop. I think I can do it with POV-Ray however. I'd just need to render about 10 frames (maybe less, maybe more) with the bikes moving between frames. Then average the frames together. Atleast I think that would work. I'll try it sometime. I have a few other things rendering at the moment.

Carl

Isnt this jsut a 3d environment?

Yes.

cant you jsut position the "camera" anywhere you want?

I could if I still have that scene file. I've played around with that scene a fair bit so I'm not sure its still in the same state. Plus I'm sure the two tails and the back wall just went back far enough to cover that angle. I'd probably have to extent them. Also a scene that that many reflective and transparent surfaces can take several days if not weeks to render. My code isn't as optimized as it should be. Let me finish the few things I have going at the moment and I'll see what I can come up with.

can you put it in front of those two cycles? I can try to photoshop it. thanks

Will do... just give me about a week, maybe two.

Thanks,

Carl

Edited by wwwmwww

great work, wmwwmmwmmmmwwwmwmwmwmwmwmmwmmmwmwmwmwm!!!!!!

..has anybody heard ANYTHING new about a possible sequel for Tron?? ;):blink:

Thanks! :)

Thanks...

As for a sequel, I know the people behind the original want to do one and some pre-production artwork has been made. However its not very clear what Disney has planned at the moment. You might find some more here:

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=frm&id=140

Carl

I found the original file. I made the wall and tails longer, moved the camera and turned off the transparency so it would render in a reasonable time. I probably should have moved some of the light sources too but I haven't yet. Let me know what you think of this:

MWorld1.png

Carl

whew hot damn that is nice. I like that!!!!!

Thank you so much.

Here is what I came up with. Its the average of 16 frames about like my first one except with the cycles moved by a very small amout between frames.

What do you think?

Blur2.png

Enjoy,

Carl

great work, wmwwmmwmmmmwwwmwmwmwmwmwmmwmmmwmwmwmwm!!!!!!

..has anybody heard ANYTHING new about a possible sequel for Tron?? ;)  :blink:

Thanks! :)

Thanks...

As for a sequel, I know the people behind the original want to do one and some pre-production artwork has been made. However its not very clear what Disney has planned at the moment. You might find some more here:

http://www.tron-sector.com/forums/default.aspx?do=frm&id=140

Carl

thanks man... :D

keep up the great work,

how about a transforming tread cg sequence! :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
ohh I like the tank. did you ever get the Tron Kubricks? I love them. The cyclone is cool and I got the tank too.

Actually no. I'd love to get my hands on the Kubricks Tank but to be honest I've been having enough fun playing with my CGI models to really look all that hard for it. I've never seen one in person. If I had ever passed one in a store I'm sure I would have picked it up. I'm sure eBay probably has them all the time but I generally don't go there unless I have to.

Anyone here have a spare set they aren't asking too much for?

Carl