MOSPEADA TREAD TOY QUESTION

protostar8

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone has ever done a recast of the Tread toy or even done a custom job and sold them? Also, does anyone know if toynami still plans to make masterpiece cylcones and super poseable cyclones or if they plan to make a masterpiece tread/beta to accompany the masterpiece Alpha's?

Thanks

P.S. -- Robotech Invasion for Xbox is a pretty good (although short) game for Mospeada fans.

Well the lame ass answer we always get from HG, at panels, is "Buy more and there will be". I think this was discussed earlier this summer. Anyway. HG doesnt have the capital to invest on multiple projects and variants. They kinda like to flog that dead horse until they realize hey we need a new horse to flog. i.e MPC Veritech Jack Archer crap and then realizing crap is still crap so move on to next horse to flog, MPC Alpha. when that is throughly flogged then they might go with Cyclones. I would imagine that would be the smart thing to do sinse their new game is all Cyclones. But who knows.

Oh also there are the Tread Resin kits. They are the same size I think but are not variable.

Oh yeah plus a tread to scale with the MPC alpha will be really expensive. MPC alpha is waht 80 bucks right? well according to the lineart from my RDF Field Guide, the Beta/Tread would have to be physically the same height as a Yamato 1/48. If you compare the physical stature of a 1/48 standing next to a MPC alpha that is the size of the tread.

Edited by Solscud007