Anyone honestly like 1/60's over 1/48's

physioguy

I know near 100% of people will disagree with this, but i want to know if there's anyone out there with similar points of view.

Now before everyone jumps in to tell me all the merits of the 1/48, please understand, I totally revere the 1/48 as an engineering marvel... a thing of great beauty....

but I think the canopy is too bubbly, some of the body and legs look too smooth (ie: not enough or deep enough panel lines) and worst of all the arms and hands are so unproportionately skinny. In battroid, the arms just make it look really weak, whereas the 1/60 look stockier and more substantial.

Yes, it sucks that the legs need to be re-situated for transformation, and I've customized all the "fists" to "hands", but i really like the overall look.

*Also, I have handled and transformed a 1/48 1A even though i don't own one

I like them about the same. The 1/48 is good but over priced IMO and shipping doesn't help the price any. I do like the 1/48 as much as I enjoyed the 1/60 up to and including the strike VF-1S. after that the M&M included yamato got real sloppy on the 1/60's. all the new tweaks or upgrades only made the Valkyries stand worse in Battroid mode. The best 1/60's period are the VF-1J Hikaru Super J and the Strike VF-1S. I do love my low vis but the VF-1S Hikaru will be the only other 1/48 I buy.