taka/back aches/ shin pains

orguss01

Hey chaps

ok heres my prob. just got a 1/55 Taka, vf-1j, at a real good price>>>but it has a few problems keeping it from being :D , it has back problems, in Btrd mode it has prblems standing sometimes, seems the tension on the little clip isnt enough to keep the back plate and the fulesalge together, so he kinda slumps, i have another taka, which i will be selling ;) , that has the same problem, is this very common, what can be done???

Also when the landing gear are up in valk mode the landing gear door pops open but only on one leg, this thing is prty mint so it is not from wear just probly mold probs, but is there anything that anyone has tried that works for these probs..auction that i won, also see "absurd auctions"

This thing even came with the decals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the back problem, I would imagine that the spring that is under the tab that connects to the nose it either missing, or worn, if you can find a small spring at a hardware store you should be able to fix it easily. For the landing gear poping the clip that keeps it from poping most likely has a rounded edge, rather than a nice flat one, you can either try to find some replacements or try to file it down a bit so the gear does not slip.

Good luck.

As I've never owned one factory fresh... I can't say. I am familier with all the typical problems associated with played with toys 15 plus years old. Re-issues are a great source of minor parts.

thanks for the advice>>>does anybody know what the "ribbon" around this box says, i've never seen this one,ribbon, , this is my first MIB taka, i feal real lucky>>

oh does any body know a good grey paint that comes close to this color of the 1J, for the landing gear door i might use jetfire doors, or umm...do knok offs have the same doors??> hmmm>thanks guyz>>

hey orguss01...

What exactly is wrong with the landing gear door? Is it the wheel itself that pops down or is it the little plastic door that clips into the wheel when closed? You mentioned having another taka... what one?

I have a taka 1s that might be the same grey as the 1j you just picked up. It's missing an arm [which I can fix] and has a broken back plate and is missing the tail assembly [this must be replaced, not fixed]. I was thinking it might be my next spawn custom, but I am still finishing my first and already have a second in the works so if parts might be of use, I am sure we can work something out. ;)

hey orguss01...

What exactly is wrong with the landing gear door? Is it the wheel itself that pops down or is it the little plastic door that clips into the wheel when closed? You mentioned having another taka... what one?

I have a taka 1s that might be the same grey as the 1j you just picked up.

yeah mon, it s the door, not the landing gear itself, the little plastic door>>the taka i have is a vf-1j, same as new one, just a bit beat>> broken head laser >>and same back problems>thanks :)