transformation

kanedaestes

The only major difference was that in the TV series, they were using 2009 era VF-1's, and in DYRL, they were using 2031 era VF-1's (a more advanced model of the same plane). I'm pretty sure that in both cases though, there was some sort of switch used for transformation, fancy stick manuevers would still be used for piloting, not transforming.

Personally, I don't agree that the Block 6 (DYRL type w/twin side stick controllers and holographic HUD) VF-1s are 2031 era at all. I'm sure the Block 6 was manufactured long before 2031, especially as the last VF-1 was manufactured in 2015 and the VF-4 was introduced as the next main Variable Fighter in 2020.

Although it is not specified in any official source material, I'm sure the Block 6 machines were introduced probably shortly after Space War 1, that is if we accept the TV chronology as being accurate and that DYRL is is a movie released in the Macross universe in 2031.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't seen it before here's a scan of page 61 of the TIAS Macross Plus book, which lists the DYRL Block 6 controls (although in Japanese).

Graham

Hihi~~newbie here~~ I wonder where can i get this detial infomation? :p

The only major difference was that in the TV series, they were using 2009 era VF-1's, and in DYRL, they were using 2031 era VF-1's (a more advanced model of the same plane). I'm pretty sure that in both cases though, there was some sort of switch used for transformation, fancy stick manuevers would still be used for piloting, not transforming.

Personally, I don't agree that the Block 6 (DYRL type w/twin side stick controllers and holographic HUD) VF-1s are 2031 era at all. I'm sure the Block 6 was manufactured long before 2031, especially as the last VF-1 was manufactured in 2015 and the VF-4 was introduced as the next main Variable Fighter in 2020.

Although it is not specified in any official source material, I'm sure the Block 6 machines were introduced probably shortly after Space War 1, that is if we accept the TV chronology as being accurate and that DYRL is is a movie released in the Macross universe in 2031.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't seen it before here's a scan of page 61 of the TIAS Macross Plus book, which lists the DYRL Block 6 controls (although in Japanese).

Graham

Hihi~~newbie here~~ I wonder where can i get this detial infomation? :p

anime.net/~macross

• 2 weeks later...