Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie

areaseven

rabbiecover.jpg13up.gif

Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie ( 天罰エンジェルラビィ☆ )

Kogado Studio/AIC/Media Factory/Toshiba Entertainment, 2004

RJP Productions (Projected Release Date: 2005)

Directed by Shinji Ishihira (Ichi the Killer: Episode 0)

Rated 13-Up for violence, nudity and mature situations.

Rookie Surrogator Lasty Farson is sent down to Earth on a mission to bring happiness to the people on the planet. When a village is plagued by fear and corruption, Lasty transforms into Angel Rabbie and places judgment on the priestess who feeds on the wealth of the people.

Story: C-

Just what we need: another ecchi magical girl anime title that's lacking on story content. Hell, for an ecchi title, it's even lacking on T&A content. Even though I've seen far worse (i.e. Wild Cardz), Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie ranks pretty low on replay value.

Animation: B-

As this was animated by AIC, Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie borrows plenty of elements from the company's other titles such as Tenchi Muyo! and Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040. Unfortunately, as an OAV, the animation quality is rather weak compared to current anime TV titles.

Soundtrack: B+

For the most part, the soundtrack by UNDER17 (Haruko Momoi and Masaya Koike) is pretty good. The end title theme is another example of how annoyingly cute the band can sound.

Sub vs. Dub

Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie features Mayumi Iizuka (Nanaka in Magic User's Club, Sora in Escaflowne: The Movie) as Lasty, Yumi Kakazu (Dita in Vandread, Asahina in RahXephon) as Fia, Manami Komori as Saaria, Yuka Koyama (Yoko in Bastard!!, Helena in the Dead or Alive game series) as Seerry, Mie Sonozaki (Hazuki in Happy Lesson, Uruka in Steel Angel Kurumi 2) as Arte, Takahiro Mizushima (Armalite in Scrapped Princess, Tadahiro in Asagiri no Miko) as Luka, Misa Kobayashi as Lukia, Ai Nonaka (Shima in Stellvia, Beauty in Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo) as Lui, Ryou Hirohashi (Sora in Kaleido Star, Kim in Area 88) as May, and Sayaka Ohara (Raquel in Scrapped Princess, Kaede in Please Teacher!) as Margareta.

Dub review coming soon.

DVD Extras

Not until the DVD hits stores.

The Bottom Line

Unless you're an UNDER17 fan, there's other anime to watch.

Links

Official Tenbatsu Angel Rabbie Homepage (Japanese)

Reference

Anime News Network

i saw an episode of this series...it was really hard to get into...i'll admit the action was pretty cool :rolleyes: ...with no real story going on it's hard not to get bored with it (at least in my opinion)...thanks to anime i can't watch a single action movie unless it has a good story to it too :lol: