YAMATO VT-1 & VE-1 VALKS

valkyrietestpilot

i transformed my yamato vt-1 superostrich for the 1st time today & i noticed the heatshield is a 2 piece design just like the (VF-1D)tv version trainer(the VE-1 is the same too).i remember from my 1/55 custom days that this style heatshield was correct,but is this true for 2 seater DYRL? valks too?.what i'm refering to,is in the anime,the heatshield slides from the sides in 2 pieces instead of sliding down from the top like standard 1 seater valks.this process was only animated in the tv series on the 1D & not in DYRL?,but they look the same,so it got me to wondering.anybody else wonder this,or is it just me?

*****no comments from the peanut gallery****** i know i could probably just check the compendium,but i thought it would be more fun to discuss here.here's a pic of the heatshield:

post-4-1091997311_thumb.jpg

That 2 pieces heatshield is new to me, then the normal sliding from the top heatshield fof the VF-1D in the episode 2 is an error? However in dyrl the VE-1 and VT-1 aren't showed in battroid mode(can the Vt-1 change in battroid???) so i don't know what to say...

yes,if episode 2 of sdf macross showed the vf-1d's heatshield sliding from the top,that is wrong.it slides from the sides in 2 pieces that meet in the center.the ve-1 & vt-1 are both variable to all 3 modes,but just aren't shown doing that in the movie.i was wondering if this heatshield deployment method was standard for all 2 seaters in the tv series & movie,or is yamato just using this style carried over from it's vf-1d to save on mold tooling.when the 1/55 custom craze was big around here,all vf-1d kits had this special heatshield included.but,i never remember anybody making a special 1 for the ve-1 & vt-1.as much as we attend to the details around here,it just makes me wonder if this is cannon or not :unsure:

yes,if episode 2 of sdf macross showed the vf-1d's heatshield sliding from the top,that is wrong.it slides from the sides in 2 pieces that meet in the center.

Hmm. That would make more sense, since I always thought it was stupid that there was nowhere for the heatshield to go in Fighter/Gerwalk.

However, in what episode is it shown sliding in from the sides?

i believe in the episode that roy tells hikaru to put the vf-1d into gerwalk instead of battroid cause it would be easier for him to fly it (2nd episode i believe).it slides down into the sides of the nose/cockpit instead of tucking up inside the chest plate.

i believe in the episode that roy tells hikaru to put the vf-1d into gerwalk instead of battroid cause it would be easier for him to fly it (2nd episode i believe).it slides down into the sides of the nose/cockpit instead of tucking up inside the chest plate.

But you just said:

yes,if episode 2 of sdf macross showed the vf-1d's heatshield sliding from the top,that is wrong.

??

man,renato,you are correct & i was wrong.it is animated in 1 piece that slides from under the chestplate in the first few episodes of sdf macross.maybe it's a technical journal i'm thinking of.anyway,it IS supposed to be a 2 piece design.i guess i remember seeing it when i was researching my vf-1d 1/55 custom.i think the explaination for it was " 2 seater cockpit is too long for a single shield,so a 2 piece was developed that slid from the sides of the canopy & joined in the center" :huh:

anyway,my original question was: is this cannon for the ve-1 & vt-1 from the movie as it is for the vf-1d from the tv series or did yamato just re-use old molds?

It doesn't make sense for it to split in two. There's nowhere for it to go. The chest piece on the 1D lacks the cut-out that the one seaters have beneath the head for the express purpose of providing enough space for the longer heatshield.

hmmm,i know i read about this somewere.although,i do remember seeing the heatshield split in two on isamu's valk in macross plus.the camera dives toward his valk & just as it gets to the heatshield,it splits in two & you see him looking up at the camera.

oh,well.i guess i'm not remembering my source material from my vf-1d custom all those years ago correctly.

does anyone know if the heatshield from the ve-1 & vt-1 is supposed to be identicle to the vf-1d?

opus,is your statement based on a yamato vf-1d toy or on line art that you've seen? i'm curious cause i'm sure yamato had to differ alot on their toys from the anime to make things work for their products.

opus,is your statement based on a yamato vf-1d toy or on line art that you've seen? i'm curious cause i'm sure yamato had to differ alot on their toys from the anime to make things work for their products.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/art/_art_kawamori.htm

Actually the more I look at it I think maybe it splits and retracts into the chest. It seems to be the most logical place for it to go. I'm just guessing though since the TV series is so rife with errors it's hard to tell what Kawamori's original intent was.

yes,the heatshield splitting & going into the chest when not in use is correct i'm sure of it.the tv series was rife w/ mistakes,so maybe this fact was only in tech journals of valkyrie workings. :)