Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Yf-29 Delta Conversion'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • MWF Information
    • MW Site News & Member Feedback
  • Macross Broadcasting System
    • Movies and TV Series
    • Anime or Science Fiction
  • OverTechnology Think Tank
    • Toys
    • Model kits
    • The Workshop!
    • Games
    • Collectors
  • Fan Works, Local Gatherings and Homepages
    • Fan Works
    • Conventions and Local Gatherings
    • Homepages
  • ¡Mucho Locura!
    • Reglas, Info y Asuntos Relacionados con el Sitio
    • Juguetes, Modelos y Estatuillas
    • Animación, Música y Multimedia
    • Más o Menos Macross (Otros Animes, Ci-Fi y Aventura)
  • Sell, Trade and Buy Macross
    • For Sale & Trade
    • Wanted
    • Where to Buy Macross, Auctions & Dealers Specials
  • Reviews & Archive
    • Macross Reviews
    • Hall Of The Super Topics
  • Test Area
    • Test forum

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests


Old MW Name


Old MW Post count

Found 1 result

  1. Here's a YF-29 Durandal that I modded shooting for a new Delta's VF-31 kinda look. Here's a color corrected pic I based it off of: I bought the YF-29 used off of here and the central linking hinge beneath the canopy body was cracked and broke in half after just a few transformations Bummer. It had to be repaired and it had lost it's resale value. I shaped a piece of aluminum and after fitting it with tiny washers it was actually good as new (if not stronger) I got the bug to keep going however so this seemingly negative incident turned into the opportunity to mod it. I know the result isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, but I really enjoyed doing it. First, I had recalled seeing this in a display online I liked what I saw and adjusted the colors on another display to this From here I thought I would try it. I used all existing parts, so in essence it was just a re-arranging of planes and parts (with some elimination of excess). front back action front gerwalk back What I was impressed by the original design was the consistent use of acute angles being all within 3-5 degrees of each other all throughout the airfoil pieces. The wings, rudders, canards, etc. all partake in a healthy share of similar acute and obtuse angles to create all corner edges of the various surfaces. This consistency of angles made transitioning them to other parts of the plane a much easier task. What I particularly like is that the wings still retract in and out like on the original (but without the engines) and has some VF-19 sweeping movement So there you have it, when your valk breaks and you venture out to fix it knowing it's value's been compromised, being optimistic and doing something about it can help cuz I went from not liking it (when broken) to really enjoying it (when fixed).
×
×
  • Create New...