Five min. Easy gun strap mod.

cambodian tire

Here's a Quick trick to save wear on your gun pod when removing the strap. I've attached a picture showing how to bend the rings at the ends of the strap so you only have to bend them ONCE. After bending the rings,make sure to attach them in opposite directions on either end of the strap - see #2 . There's enough slack in the strap to pull it tight to get the second ring through the hole on the gun pod but when you let go of the strap and the "belly" returns to strap, the rings lock and can't fall off...

post-4-1082431509_thumb.jpg

if you have more than one 1/48, why don't you just leave a couple of gunpods with the gun strap on and some with the gun strap off? :huh:

unless you're trying to display all of them in battroid mode but i don't see the point in that? IMO, you gotta have atleast one in each mode to fully enjoy them cause having them all in one mode is kind of boring, no?

Sorry RainBot if I "led you down the garden path" sort of speak am I correct in guessing it DIDN'T work for you?, what went wrong? I have a real picture of it working up, albeit of the whole valk, on an old post titled T.V. Roy flying. Haterist I absolutely agree with you have multiple valks in one mode would be boring,so I guess this is most useful if one only has one valk. Also in keeping with "Perfect Transformation" it's nice to have everything all together in one place more or less and in keeping with that I roll up the gun strap and place it in the forearm(it fits with the hand w/o creasing if careful) I just thought that on the whole it's a little modification, I read somewhere on an old post that somebody had issues with breakage. If there's room in the leg, past the folded landing gear, (top side) I'll make a subtle hatch for the intake cover one per side. I'll post some shots, but it won't be very DIY . Later... sorry guys! BTW has anybody had sucess recreating this?

Edited by cambodian tire

Also in keeping with "Perfect Transformation" it's nice to have everything all together in one place more or less and in keeping with that I roll up the gun strap and place it in the forearm(it fits with the hand w/o creasing if careful)  I just thought that on the whole it's a little modication.

no matter how you slice it, you have to remove the gunstrap and/or rings when you TF into fighter mode, so i still don't get how this would work? don't the metal rings just get in the way? :unsure: and where the heck would you tuck the "neck piece" that comes with the FP kit? and what about the valks with the TV hands? and extra missiles?

no matter what you do, you'll still be left with a few extras that you can't "store" within the valk. its unfortunate but.....

thats what ziploc bags are for. ;)

i got all my spare/extra parts individually bagged and labeled by so i know what belongs to who. it makes keeping track of everything a lot easier and makes it a breeze if i have to track down a missing piece. B))

i guess i could keep everything in the original boxes but i create additional wear and tear on my boxes each time i wanted a piece.

ZIPLOC RULES! B))

Uhm the rings stay on the strap and never come off and the rings pop out easily from the gun pod, there not there in plane mode so they're not in the way....Zip Locs are handy, that's a good idea, keep the box new!

ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, i see hear what you're saying now. :D its all making sense to me......i think. ;):lol: i'll give it whirl and see what happens.