Planetes

Göönk

I've done a fast search /w "planete" and didn't find a topic about that Series.

Rather strange because Macross lovers would LOVE that one.

Story of a guy, in Space, with love and all...

I've watched 4 eps and untill now there is no alien. It's in 2075 and it's realistic science fiction. I like that series because :

- it's realistic.

- Space crafts are not planes, but space crafts

- no sound in space, no "sshhhh", no "wassshhhhh" etc...

- no war

- low gravity in space (surprising heh?)

- space suits that look like space suits (astronauts wearing diapers...)

- japanese that look like japanese <- rare!

- almost no "computerised 3D". maybe 0.5% is 3D...

- outstanding drawing animation.

- normal hairs colours

I regret that I don't understand japanese because I have to read the subtitles and it prevents me from watching the really nice drawings.

http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1244,xk...,planet_es.html

http://www.planet-es.net/

Give it a try if you have the chance. A few bittorent files over the internet...

Edited by Göönk

I'll agree, it's not one of A7's better reviews, but then I suspect he doesn't really appreciate the more story driven, less action driven shows.

That was just for the first episode. I'll watch the rest later.

While I was neither confused nor anywhere close to being bored by the first episode, I will grant that it is one of the weaker ones of the series so far.

I adore both the show and manga (issue #2 should be out now) It's always nice to see critics takes on the more reality-based animes :rolleyes: The anime is rather humourous, but it has its serious moments. I'm not sure which came first, but the manga is virtually dead serious - the main character's astronaunt training has him almost going insane in the depriviation chamber. But they're both really good stories follwing the same guy (Hachimaki) as a garbage man in space (screws floating around in space are a BAD thing). And Göönk, you were a bit off on the cgi aspect - the space station and several ships are totally cgi, but it looks great anyway!

And Göönk, you were a bit off on the cgi aspect - the space station and several ships are totally cgi, but it looks great anyway!

I've notice that the "rotating" space station" we can see from time to time was 3D. That's my "0,5%" :)

I haven't noticed other vessels were computer drawing. It's a great job if it's. I can't see the difference between 3D and drawings which shows that this anime drawing is high quality.