Question about Jasmine Models 1/72 PE set

Jefuemon

I've got PE set 272003 for the 1/72 Valkyrie, and I've got an application question.

On part number 48 and 49, are you supposed to drill out the original veneer area, and put in the pe parts? And how exactly would you go about doing that? Thanks.

Also, I'm planning on slightly modifying one of Studio Starforge's wonderful UN Spacy male pilot figures into a Macross the First pilot. Are there any color illustrations of the flight suit? There's a great picture of Hikaru in his (Issue 3, page 14), but I'd like to know if there's any color drawings, or if I should go with Movie colors.

Still have a few months before I get to these projects, though. Got a 1/350 Battleship Musashi occupying my time now.

Wow. I'm actually right up to this point too - but I think I'm going to finish mine before yours it sounds like. I'm actually planning to do this tonight, so I'll report back and let you know how it goes. I'm using both this PE sheet and elements from the Hasegawa one. Nutty, I know, but I haven't built a VF-1 for the longest time, so I thought 'lets go all out!'

Okay, so I'm at this point and I can tell you that you will have to drill a hole. How would you go about it? I should be in a position to show you later in the week...!

Appreciate it! I'll be sure to save any pointers you can give.