Does Mod Give Warning Anymore?

Does Mods give warning any more when they lock threads?

Just a little disappointed with the locking of the Ideal Anime Chick chat.

The threads' been running quite well with little offensive comments (to my surprise given the nature of the topic). With 3000 views from just 120 posts, many people obviously enjoyed the light hearted discussion.

Most posts stayed on topic (until the last four). I was just about to send a post hoping to steer the threads back to less intellectual discussion and I realised it was lock. Seems a bit harsh to just lock it altogether with no warning. Bum.<_<

It is my personal belief that when a thread may be teetering on the edge that if I think a warning will turn the thread around then one is issued. Sometimes a warning will not do it and the thread is just locked with an explaination given. Warnings sometimes don't work though and in my experience a warning around here carrys all the weight of a fart in a subway to some folks. If that warning is ignored I may lock the thread or I may issue a more serious warning. That is my moderating style though.

I myself was not watching that thread as closely as I think I should have but it seems Roy was. He made a judgement call to lock it. He may have received a complaint about it that I was not privvy to. I'm not going to put words in Roy's mouth and try to give you a reason but I will say that whatever his reason was he had one and he locked it. I'm sure he did not intend any slight against you. Just my advice but I would try PMing him and seeing if he will tell you... calling his decision out in a public venue like this never really breeds the best speaking arrangement if you know what I mean. I'm not casting any implications with this but usually these kind of "why did a mod -blank-?" threads spin around like Shemp on fire and never really accomplish much.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Calling it in public gets support for others to agree about some great wrong doing.

It was fun light hearted topic that kept getting dumber and dumber. I was watching it first mainly for content incase someone posted offensive links. Did a little editing on that and then knew I would have to check on the topic from time to time. What did I find things got dumb and dumber. I thought people didn't want to babied? You're all big boys. I trust that most in it knew where the topic was going and it lead to its end. The topic ran its course and went into retarded land. Please don't any jump up and down from that statement. A lot of "worthy" topics are talk to death and go into retarded land and are put down its nothing new.