Removing backpack cover piece on Yamato orig. VF-1A CF?

Mark Nguyen

Hi gang, I posted a ton on MWF back in the day, but then I got married. Ahh, the days..

Anyhoo, at a recent con a buddy of mine essentially donated me his Yamato VF-1J Super, Hikaru 1.0 edition. I was happy as I thought I could finally add some FAST packs to the VF-1A CF I had. But upon getting home I unpacked my CF and discovered that the backpack had no insertion points for the additional boosters - which I found pretty weird as the legs and arms had the correct points.

So, I'm considering simply swapping out the VF-1J backpack piece for the CF one. Can anyone provide a way to do this without breaking anything? The toys are in pretty decent shape and aren't noticeably brittle, but I'd like to avoid potentially damaging any of them.

Helpful thoughts?

Mark

I don't have any in display but from what I remember there are screw covers on top of the back pack in fighter mode. It's 2 circles and has hexagons on top. Pry those with the tip of an Xacto knife and you'll see the screws. Maybe there was 3 screws.