Yamato GN-U frame sold seperately?

Chas

So I've been thinking about the Yamato GN-U series and how cool it would be if they sold the frame seperately. I would love to have a few of these to play around with. You know. . . maybe modify some Hase. Battriod kits for them, or scratch some Destroid exteriors. . . Hell maybe even a little Macross. ust dreaming, I know, but still how cool it could be.

So I've been thinking about the Yamato GN-U series and how cool it would be if they sold the frame seperately. I would love to have a few of these to play around with. You know. . . maybe modify some Hase. Battriod kits for them, or scratch some Destroid exteriors. . . Hell maybe even a little Macross. ust dreaming, I know, but still how cool it could be.

I agree that they should. However Kotobukiya has just released a frame. I am picking mine up today. If Yamato did do it I would hope that they would make all sizes available, especially the large one for their big GNU figures.

I agree that they should. However Kotobukiya has just released a frame. I am picking mine up today. If Yamato did do it I would hope that they would make all sizes available, especially the large one for their big GNU figures.

yeah I've been looking at the Kotobukiya frame but there are a few areas that I'm not to jazzed about - namely that gundam-esque knee protrusion, plus the general angular shapes of the upper and lower legs. The feet also seem to be rather intrusive/ limiting for the possible shapes that could cover them. I'm hoping that other releases in this series (it will be a series no?) will have different design elements AND that the various designs will be interchangeable within the series. Here's hoping. Let me know what you think of the Kotobukiya frame - is that knee protrusion integral to the function of the joint, or can it bee omitted?

Edited by Chas