Original Fan-made Variable Fighters

Remko

I've been seaching the web, and have come upon a few interesting websites showing original fan-made Variable Fighters (in fighter mode mostly, but also in GERWALK mode) with some very interesting designs.

First up is the VF-0D in Gerwalk mode. Too bad this image is so small, but it's probably the coolest 'diorama' featuring a VF I've ever seen!! Lots of attention to detail, such as the position of the enigne nozzles, and the water surface. I assume this model has been made using a VF-0D and a VF-0A kit from Hasegawa.

08051737.jpg

Another VF-0D, this time with real world ordnance.

8f71b663.jpg

f5b3d689.jpg

a19b2abe.jpg

Underside...

402faf4b.jpg

A VF-19 custom, also with real world ordnance. I have to say, I preferred the bigger winged YF-19 originally, but the short wing VF-19 is pretty cool too!!

VF19F.jpg

VF19F_02.jpg

My personal favorite, a VF/B-22 Jagdvogel based on the VF-22A Sturmvogel and the proposed FB-22 Raptor. I'd definately like to see this baby transform, and have it featured in an OVA. There's some more information about this model on the MAHQ website, but this has been down for a few days now. If anyone here has more (and bigger!!) photo's of it, just post them here!

vfridr05.jpg

EDIT: This topic should actually have been in the "Custom" section. If a mod could move it there, that would be great!

Edited by Remko

Very nice! Esp the Gerwalk VF-0D. Hopefully Yamato will come out with a VF-0D soon! The purple VF-19 is a little weird though-- I would have prefered a more standard paintjob. Any chance you could post the sites where you found these?

Edited by edwin3060

Very nice! Esp the Gerwalk VF-0D. Hopefully Yamato will come out with a VF-0D soon! The purple VF-19 is a little weird though-- I would have prefered a more standard paintjob. Any chance you could post the sites where you found these?

I can't wait for a VF-0D in 1/60th either. Should look even better with a Ghost booster!! I think the of-set purple VF-19 paintscheme rocks.

Anyway, here are the websites:

VF-0D Gerwalk: Marcy Military Blog

VF-0D & VF-0S: Johnny Archives

VF-19S Custom: WanderFestival 2006 (Check out the FFR-31 SYLPHEED as well!!)

VF/B-22 Jagdvogel: VF-1 Riders

More great views of various VF's from the VF-1 Riders series, including an amazing paintscheme for the VF-22, giving the word Raptor a whole new meaning (2004 set) and a very interesting custom VF-0S (2005 set):

VF-1 Riders - 2001

VF-1 Riders - 2002

VF-1 Riders - 2003

VF-1 Riders - 2004

VF-1 Riders - 2005

Edited by Remko