YF-19 Second Life Avatar

Adiya

Hi folk, I'm new here, this is my first post.

I've been working on a YF-19 avatarproject in SL . Right now I've already complete all modeling and the battriod avatar is completely usable. I did some modification on skull, and another major change on wings position on battriod - I move them from leg to back spine (like VF-25). But don't worry, there still a original version.

My next step is figur out transformation, it needs lots of scripting to do, which I'm totally not good at.

Fighter (static model)

Snapshot_010.png

Snapshot_013.png

Snapshot_014.png

Gerwalk

Snapshot_006.png

Snapshot_009.png

Sick, man. So... Will this be distributed throughout the SL community? And if so, will it be free?

Anyway, awesome avvie. Hope you get the script to work.

it will be distributed, and actually the first version is already released. It's not free, however it is not expensive.

The leg seems weird in battroid mode. I guess the joint is out of position. And did you use mesh smooth???

yea, that is a limitation of SL, because as an avatar it can only be worn on human body, and clearly battroid's shape doen't fit so well. That's why adjusting joint is so painful, and indirectly it affects battroid's body shape badly.

Another bad thing is that SL accepts only NURBS mesh within 16x16, so there's no mesh smooth for that. It's much painful “sculpting" in this way, since you can't add or remove any point or face, because the geomerty UV must be clean

• 3 weeks later...