to: SHAWN & GRAHAM

KawasakiKaizer

Just wondering if either of you are looking-for (STILL perhaps... if you don't have the game) MACROSS (the ORIGINAL JAPANESE VERSION) for the PS2, and/or the "Americanized" version of the game, 'ROBOTECH"' (of which on this site, I'm sure, most everyone would best-describe as, ["blasphemy"], at best).

I am VERY INTERESTED in somehow getting the other MACROSS games that you and/or Graham have for the Windows-Platforms & any other of the Console releases of the MACROSS titled-games (i.e. PlayStation, and PlayStation II, in particular).

If either of you wouldn't mind please, posting-me back at..........

KawasakiKaizer@Yahoo.com

..........I'd love to hear from either of you about this. Hope to hear back from you sometime shortly, and cheers for now!

KawasakiKaizer (Shawn)

Just wondering if either of you are looking-for (STILL perhaps... if you don't have the game) MACROSS (the ORIGINAL JAPANESE VERSION) for the PS2, and/or the "Americanized" version of the game, 'ROBOTECH"' (of which on this site, I'm sure, most everyone would best-describe as, ["blasphemy"], at best).

Ummm... the PS2 Robotech games aren't americanized versions of the J PS2 game.

In fact, they predate the J game, were developed by a totally different company, and one of them is MOSPEADA-based.

Japan has it's games, we have ours, and never the two shall meet. Except in niche-market import stores on both sides of the pacific.

As far as blasphemy goes...

The first Robotech game is pretty good, despite it's extremely low flight ceiling. IMO.

I never played the second.

I actually thought that the Robotech: "BATTLECRY" game for the PS2 had great, "playability", too, but the graphics were (for my liking...) a little-bit

"cheezie" (hehe)

I love the graphics on my PS2 Version of "Macross"; but seeing as it's an ORIGINAL Japanese Language "JDM" Game: Japan Domestic Market... like the majority of the bits on my car), the Japan, you can likely see how the language (and expression) of the characters in the game, and during much of the gameplay, can get a little dodgey.

It's just when I watch either the MACROSS (or the "trilogy" of the series, in original Japanese, as they're known in N. America), and all of the GUNDAM movies that I have... although I have the English-Version(s) of all the episodes on the DVD(s), I actually prefer to watch them in Japanese Audio; with the English SubTitles. For some reason, they just seem a little easier to understand with the character('s)-expressions, and the audio-soundtrack seems to fit better, too.

I am also hoping that perhaps you might have what I'm looking-for on here (or maybe know who/where/what to find the games I'm looking-for), and could let me know about it.

Thanks & Hope To Hear Back!

Cheers,

KawasakiKaizer (Shawn)

[quote name='JB0' date='Feb 29 2008, 10:44 PM' post='566990'

Ummm... the PS2 Robotech games aren't americanized versions of the J PS2 game.

In fact, they predate the J game, were developed by a totally different company, and one of them is MOSPEADA-based.

Japan has it's games, we have ours, and never the two shall meet. Except in niche-market import stores on both sides of the pacific.

As far as blasphemy goes...

The first Robotech game is pretty good, despite it's extremely low flight ceiling. IMO.

I never played the second.