6 Years of the Macross World Forums!

Apollo Leader

I hate to say it, I found MW by way of RT.com. I'm searching the net because I saw an ad for Toynami's Masterpiece. I preordered through Valkyrie-Exchange, and through Valkyrie-Exchange, I found MW.

So I guess I've been here since a year before the first MP of crap came out.

:lol:

I was a member of RT.com way before I found this board. In fact I signed up for RT.com before the site was fully up and running. It just said Robotech.com with a "Coming Soon" banner. And now that I think about it I think I found MW around that time because I remember pre-ordering the Toycom Macross Plus Valkyries from Valk-Exchange. (How long ago was that? 2000? 2001?) But I guess I didnt bother to sign up to this board till June of 2002.

i found MW after RT.com banned me for asking why veritechs were called valkyries sometimes.

amazing what a hair trigger those guys were on sometimes.

Anyway i'm MW for life, if there is a macross world in 4 years, i'll be here.

Wow...six years have passed? I feel really old now.

I actually discovered MW and RT.com at the same time, and I attended the first four MW Conventions (2001-2004). Throughout those years, I've been fortunate to have personally met Shawn, Egan Loo, MilkManX, Blackaces, Seiichi, Solscud007, otaku-smeghead, xstoys, >EXO<, Commander McBride, 1st Border Red Devil, MEMO1DOMINION, among others. I missed the last two MW Cons, but I hope to see you guys in 2007.

Well, I lurked until May 02. And I've pretty much only lurked occasionally in the last year or so.

So really it's more like 4 years active duty, 2 years inactive.

But it's still my longest commitment to date. Next to the old lady, of course.

Been around since alt.fan macross, posted under this name and a bunch of others (I posted so infrequently I could never remember my name). I made some friends a long time ago here, there was this kid who went to Columbia B school, and another guy who was a JAG lawyer in NY. Also remember Yoshi, Rick the Hunter, and Rosario Love. I don't see any of those guys around anymore unless they are using different names.

Rosario was posting under the name 'redemption' for a while. I found this place from his site.

Rosario was posting under the name 'redemption' for a while. I found this place from his site.

I found it from his site too. His and kidkorrupt's.

The old forum had been around for about 2 years when I stumbled upon it. I remember the change over being rough. I was among a bunch of people over at Valkyrie Exchange forum getting our fix because MW was down for a few days.

I left for two year when I moved. I lurked every once and a while, but all my Macross stuff was in storage 1800 miles away and being here would make me jealous. I have been back in the last few week. It's funny how nothing has really changed (except everyone's a Mod now :lol: ). It's like walking into my favorite local bar.