Transformers the Movie

178 members have voted

1. 1. Now that you've seen it, what did you think?

• It kicked ass!
    • Good, but not as good as the original.
    • Meh.
    • I want Grimlock to step on Michael Bay.

Well Finally got to see it last night. The whole cinema was filled with adults mostly in the very late 20`s to mid 30`s. Kinda expected that as it was a late showing. Great no kids spoiling things.

Most everyting that I think has been said already by others here. On the whole I was impressed, the only bits for me were the Mikaela and Sam bit looking over Bumblebees engine. No its not the distributor cap that engine has coil packs and no it dosent have double pump carbs (whatever they are) that engine wis injection. The over use of "more than meets the eye" was noticable. The shaky cam thing is anoying sometimes. It needs to be used less as I think they now use it as a way of hiding shody film work.

I did feel that the shots were sometimes a bit to closed in and you didnt get to see the whole action area. Some of the comedy moments made the Autobots look a bit lame.

Jazz WTF, you better bring him back in TF2

The usual computer nerd bits were there Hey I`ll hack the (insert computer network of goverment system) with my amazing computer know how. clickety click. Im in in five keystrokes.

What I really loved.

The nokia phone feral TF, shoulda had more of that stuff like caged up PDA`s and gone mad laptops.

The Starscream flight fights were excellent. makes me hopeful that technology is able to pull that off so mabe one day they could do a live action Macross/Roblowtech type thing.

The Megatron and Optimus fight was good. Ironhide doing his blaster boosted roll was the only time I though "Im glad that Bay did theis film as only he can do stuff like that"

The homage ideas like the Bumblebee and the Beetle bit in the car yard was nice and very good for us G1 vetrans.

Megs saying "discusting" and flicking the man away while he was lying on the floor, funny and very DYRL

You just know that the allspark will be back Sams dog will wee on it and it`ll regrow or something, Putting Megs at the bottom of the atlantic is not gonna stop him or the others, and Starscream going into orbit I can only supose to get more of his comrades, Afterall Bumblebee got Prime and co And Primes message transmition at the end is gonna help set it up fo the sequal.

Not the greatest film story wise but I`ll see it agian and buy it on DVD.