VF-1 Gun Pod

stphpo2

I can't remember what picture I saw that in. Has anyone out there got a picture with that in it? I would like to make my VF-1's as accurate as possible, if I can find tubing that small.

The Hasegawa kits actually mold the three barels inside the muzzle of the GU-11. If you want to accurize them, simply drill out the barels with a pin vice (as I did). Much easier than trying to find small diameter styrene tubing.

HTH

Sean

I actually did the same that yo want to do with my very old Arii VF-1S Battroid.

Arii 1/100 VF-1 battroid

I used a hypodermic needle (the smaller ones are great) for the barrels. Just cut three segments and glue them. In some art stores (for instance: Pearl) they carry very thin stainless steel tubes (raw material for needles, I think)

To cut them i used a very fine needle file. Nowadays I cut them using a Dremel tool with an abrasive cutting disc. I still use them as barrels for my aircraft models. I even used one as the pitot tube for a 1/72 Sea Harrier!!

Edited by Gerwalker

I actually did the same that yo want to do with my very old Arii VF-1S Battroid.

Arii 1/100 VF-1 battroid

Your link doesn't work.

Actually it works...as the webmaster of the Modelersite wanted to...Damn!!

Enter the site and go to thr Sci-Fi and ships section. the article is there. It is a very old model but I enjoyed a lot building it. In the same section I published the Hase VF-1J Battroid article too.