Chance of a Phalanx AND a Spartan

ff95gj

I think you're forgetting that ALL of the Destroids did poorly. They tried many different ways to get people interested in them at all with the weathering and olive drab versions because they had to recoup the investment in making the molds in the first place. If they had focused on just making the two initial ones, those Destroids would probably have costed more.

At this point just invest in a 3d printer and rally the troops to make your own Destroids. It can be done.

I agree. Why would they up their risk with releasing all the molds at once? Granted they all have the same leg molds but the tooling costs money and canon or not, Destroids generally don't sell well and certain Destroids will sell better than others. It wouldn't make any sense to manufacture the same quantity for all of them and if they did, that's just asking for trouble.

The Monster and Tomahawk are pretty much it for me (maybe the Spartan too). Defender and Phalanx are very low priority. Not sure how the Destroids rank for everyone else here at MW. Even then, the Destroids are second string and I'd rather buy Valks first.

Edit: Plus at this point, whether that 30th Anniversary Valk sells well or not, I'm pretty sure Yamato/Arcadia's VF-1 mold has at least recuperated costs.

Edited by xrentonx

Everyone has valid points here.

Its easy to understand why the line was not completed, its also easy to see why destroid fans are saddened that some of the other cannon models are likely not going to be made.

The weathered Tomahawk and Defender were a few of the items I've paid full price for in my collecting life, $200+ each.

The GU-11 and even 1J Anniversary (and a few other head scratchers) have made some of us REALLY long for their more obscure want-items.

Like --- "Hey! That's going to get made? And I don't get a 1/60 Phalanx? The tooling is already done for at least half of it!"

But its more complex than that . . .

I think I may create my own kit in SLA to make my personal 1/60 Phalanx utilizing everything from the waist down of Yamato's Destroids. It actually looks very easy geometry to model (using a Bandai 1/100 kit, coupled with available line art, as reference).