Macross Movie VCD

Bub

Macross Movie VCD by Dong Seng International

I might be wrong, but I think I've read somewhere that this has the official english translation of the Movie.

I need information and links regarding Dong Seng International. Thank you very much! :)

Attached is a picture of an LD (The VCD Cover Looks something similar):

post-2-1089810993_thumb.jpg

Google search turns up a site that must have just gone off the net and was (apparently) selling the VCDs. Here's the google cache: http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cache:X54fS...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

And since it's going to expire eventually, here's the text:

MACROSS THE MOVIE: DO YOU REMEMBER LOVE?

At last, mankind is encountered with extraterrestrials! Two forces are fighting with each other in the vast space. One is the Zentraedi consisting of solely male soldiers. The other, the Meltrandy, is a female force. In 2001A.D., Earth becomes involved in this battle. While Macross, the space fortress, is fighting back against a sudden attack, it mistakenly goes out of the Solar System to its circumferential area without any means to return. In the middle of fear and despair, the curtain is raised for a story of cruel battles. For the survival of mankind, Macross launches its last attack with Lynn Minmay's singing as an only weapon.

• Originals licensed from Big West Corp. to Dong Seng International Ltd, a Taiwanese anime company that has done the subtitling

• 2 VCDs

• 1 episode

• Approximately 120 minutes running time

Ó 1984 Big West / Macross Committee

Based on the Taiwanese connection, I'm suspicious that it may be a bootleg. But you should also look at this Usenet post: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&...om.sg&frame=off

The poster is the person behind the now defunct orby.virtualave site and may have additional insights. It looks like he was selling a lot of stuff at that site, much of it "licensed" and subtitled by Dong Seng, though other items seem to have been licensed/distributed by other legitimate companies.

Edit: I don't know if this helps, but the lower left logo on the front of the disk (sort of a diamond or parallelogram) is probably the Shogakukan logo.

Edited by ewilen