1/48 Yamato Swing bar!

eming

I've got a few 1/48 Yamatos and I have transformed them a few times. Great piece of engineering. But I was wandering, wouldn't it be better for Yamato to leave the swing bar bare metal rather than painting it. As you all know the amount of paint that chips there is quite consideratable. Just my thoughts. What do you guys think? :D

I haven't had any chipping there yet, I would like to think it was powder coated, so as long as there's no metal rubbing the part it should be alright. I've had car parts powder coated and the paint sample is on a piece of sheet metal that can be bent back on itself and not crack or chip. Maybe if you are experiencing chipping, your paint on that part isn't up to par? :( Anybody else got any feedback for this occurance? - I like it painted :) - Mark

yea mine has a little bit of chipped paint on it already as well. it is bound to happen to most at some point

chris

yea mine has a little bit of chipped paint on it already as well. it is bound to happen to most at some point

Mine doesn't, but does it really matter? The bar isn't really visible at all.

It is visible from the underside in fighter and gerwalk modes, but it certainly doesn't stand out.

Paint chipping isn't a big issue, just that I was thinking maybe it might have been better to leave it bare, just like they did on the tabs on 2nd release YF-19 and the swing bars of the Bandai Valkyries. Just a thought. :D

i would hope yamato would powder coat that parts as well.i agree w/ "cambodian tire".i've also had car & boat parts powder coated & it's the way to go for a painted part.that stuff is like painted armour. :)