Yamato VB-11b transformation question

JLYC

hello. I just got my yamato yf-11b (without fast pack). When I try to transform it into fighter mode, the shoulder plates of the arms don't flush into position despite many attempts. they always want to 'jump out' and when forcibly moved into position it makes a bulge and as a result it's very hard to get the arm shield into place.

Another quirky thing is that one leg seems to be longer than the other (due to asymmetry at the hip joint, which I know is problematic in the first version), so that when displayed in gerwalk mode it stands flop-sided.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has this problem and if there's a solution. thanks!!!

The toy looks good in fighter and gerwalk, but not good in battroid imo. Also I think the quality of the vf-19b that I have is better than the vf-11b (which many people seem to disagree). Is the fp vf-11b much better than the original besides hip-joint replacement? The arms and esepcially shoulder is kinda weak in the vf-11b. Also I wished there is some die-cast parts like the vf-19b.

My original VF-11B has a similar problem - I couldn't get all the pieces to fit perfectly in fighter mode, there'd be a gap in the middle of the fighter. Although I was lucky in that mine never had hip problems, most people have broken their 11B's hips due to poor design on Yamato's part, so be extra careful when you handle the hip joints.

Personally I think the 11B is the worst of the 3 Macross Plus toys Yamato released. 21 is my favorite, even though it has some balancing/center of gravity problems.