Disney and Robotech

I have a story that you guys may find interesting. Last year i worked for Disney in Orlando,FL. As many of you probably already know, there is a Japan pavillion in EPCOT which has a Mitsukoshi dept store on the first floor. During my time there i got to know the cast members that worked there including the ones that work in the toy dept. So i went to go see them at work one day and i noticed they were selling all the Robotech MPC and those cheap ass mini morphers or whatever. I told them that those toys arent from japan. They had no idea what i was talking about. I went outside and walked over to the small toy stand. They were selling Zoids. So i asked the girl there why arent the zoids toys being sold inside the store? She said that Zoids isnt Japanese and they can only sell actual japanese merchandise in the dept store. It made no sense whatsoever.

You should have shown the management a packaged 1/48 Yamato...

I wonder if they would have taken interest/notice since the level of quality between the two is so astounding. (read in: MPC's aren't that great at all as most know.) :lol:

That's pretty damn funny! :lol:

But are zoids now manufactured in the US like Pokemon are?

They're manufactured in China, like everything else.

The ones sold here in the US are made by Hasbro, with Hasbro's own color schemes. Other than that, they're all Tomy's creations. The Tomy color schemes, usually look a lot nicer, too.

That's pretty damn funny!  :lol:

The ones sold here in the US are made by Hasbro, with Hasbro's own color schemes. Other than that, they're all Tomy's creations. The Tomy color schemes, usually look a lot nicer, too.

Oops...what i meant was if they were manufactured FOR SALE in the US, making the staff think they were not Japanese.

That's pretty damn funny!  :lol:

Oops...what i meant was if they were manufactured FOR SALE in the US, making the staff think they were not Japanese.

Even if so, the MPCs definitely are, so obviously that alone is not enough to make the staff think they are not Japanese.

I'm just floored that a Di$ney park would surrender valuable shelf space for non-Di$ney toys...

I'm just floored that a Di$ney park would surrender valuable shelf space for non-Di$ney toys...

The Mitsukoshi dept store in EPCOT is an actual Japanese dept store which has teh rights to be there by the disney company. It sells everything from Kimonos and swords to Dragon Ball Z, Gundam, and Totoro stuff. I actually felt like i was back in Japan everytime i went in there.

No pavillion in the World Showcase sells any Disney merchandise. This was a cause of complaint by the guests at one point so they built the store Mouse Gears which is the only store in EPCOT to sell Mickey Mouse merchandise. It also just happens to be the 2nd most profitable store in Walt Disney World. Scary i think.

The Mitsukoshi dept store in EPCOT is an actual Japanese dept store which has teh rights to be there by the disney company. It sells everything from Kimonos and swords to Dragon Ball Z, Gundam, and Totoro stuff. I actually felt like i was back in Japan everytime i went in there.

No pavillion in the World Showcase sells any Disney merchandise. This was a cause of complaint by the guests at one point so they built the store Mouse Gears which is the only store in EPCOT to sell Mickey Mouse merchandise. It also just happens to be the 2nd most profitable store in Walt Disney World. Scary i think.

amazing people would complain "i can't find any micky mouse sh!t to buy" when nearly every mall in america has a disney store.

people are friken weird.