no access of macrossworld

min

when i was in taiwan and korea, i wasnt able to access macrossworld from both places.

i guess this is why i havent seen any members from taiwan or korea. this worries me because ill be moving to korea in about a year and then to taiwan the year after.

just letting you guys know...

when i was in taiwan and korea, i wasnt able to access macrossworld from both places.

i guess this is why i havent seen any members from taiwan or korea. this worries me because ill be moving to korea in about a year and then to taiwan the year after.

just letting you guys know...

What type of connection was it? Here in Brazil I can't access MW via dial up connections, while cable and DSL can access MW just fine. :blink:

I don't know if this is something that that Shawn & Graham can control, but for a while certain parts of the world were becoming increasingly walled off from access to American (and probably Western European) Internet sites due to the prevalence of spammers and other miscreants using computers in those areas to send spam, host sites advertised via spam, or engage in hacking, and the lack of response of system administrators when complaints were made. The trend (in walling off) may be slowing or reversing, but Brazil, China (not Taiwan or HK in my experience), and South Korea are still pretty bad in this respect. (Note that most of the miscreants probably aren't from those countries--they're just taking advantage of lax policies and poor maintenance which are more common there. As well, due to language barriers and the slight technical complexity of discovering the source of spam, etc., complaints aren't as likely to get through.)

As well, some countries block access to sites outside the country whose political views don't match the party line, or which have stuff which is considered immoral, but I don't think that's the case with Brazil, Taiwan or South Korea.

Anyway, if you have trouble accessing MW, you might try using some kind of anonymous browsing service. Here's an easy interface to a few.

http://anonbrowse.cjb.net/

or

http://www.space.net.au/~thomas/quickbrowse.html

The idea is that the anonymous service may be accessible from wherever you are, and MW may be accessible to the anonymous service. You will probably have to tolerate some ads, and you might have to pay a fee depending on which service you use.

A web proxy might be another way to go. I've never had occasion to use one, but here's one link: http://www.openproxies.com/

Edited by ewilen