E3 Thread

Ladic

Ok, once and for all, how large is the DS compared to the PSP, the SP and the original GBA? I've been under the impression that the screen is the same size on both portables, with that in mind it looks like the DS is about as thick as the SP, and a smidge wider than the original GBA, yet I keep hearing people complain about how large it is.

Meanwhile, I've seen several photos of the PSP showing it to be huge, yet people keep saying, "Why is the DS so large while the PSP is so trim and small?!"

Ok, once and for all, how large is the DS compared to the PSP, the SP and the original GBA? I've been under the impression that the screen is the same size on both portables, with that in mind it looks like the DS is about as thick as the SP, and a smidge wider than the original GBA, yet I keep hearing people complain about how large it is.

Meanwhile, I've seen several photos of the PSP showing it to be huge, yet people keep saying, "Why is the DS so large while the PSP is so trim and small?!"

Ok see the picture of the DS? See the inner black trim surrounding the two screens? that is the size of a SP jsut that alone. Then add about an inch on either side. The thickness is like that of a paperback trashy woman's romance novel. that thick!!!! No the PSP screen is humungous. But the unit is slimmer than the regular GBA. The width is wider. jsut the thickness is slim. hope that clarifies it

So the DS, closed, is slightly thicker than an SP closed and about two inches wider? That's what it looks and sounds like.

I figured the PSP was slim thickness-wise, but even if it was as thin as a piece of paper, it still looks to wide and tall to fit into someone's pocket.

I carry around my SP in either my pants pockets, or a shirt pocket. It fits in either quite easily. My regular GBA (on indefinite loan to my girlfriend ever since I picked up the SP) could also fit in either, though not quite as well.

I'd be looking for similar portability in any portable I picked up. Crazy, I know.

Folding up to protect the screen is definitely a bonus as well. I've had my SP for ages now, and the screen is still in excellent shape. My regular GBA screen got scratched up pretty quickly, just like any other portable I've ever owned.

If I believe everything everyone tells me about both the PSP and the DS, and everything I see from the photos, neither system is all that portable, or you have to carry a bag around everywhere you go just to hold them.

i'll wait till i see the games on the DS and PSP. the psp is pretty neat looking and my personal pick for "best hardware" BUT THAT never means the games will be better.

i'll wait to see the software released for these platforms.

Edited by KingNor