Mechwarrior stats

So I'm looking at these Mechwarrior figs on my 1/55 shelf, and it's really bugging me that the boxes state that these are 1/55 scale when their pilot figs are around 1/72 scale in size... I'm trying to figure out if the stated scale is a misnomer or if these figs were just given the wrong sized pilots. Anyone know of a good resource for stats on the Madcat, Jupiter, Forestry Mech and the Legionairre?

...and spare me the comments about giving up on scales for toys, I know it's anal retentive and silly, but it still bugs me, alright?

So I'm looking at these Mechwarrior figs on my 1/55 shelf, and it's really bugging me that the boxes state that these are 1/55 scale when their pilot figs are around 1/72 scale in size... I'm trying to figure out if the stated scale is a misnomer or if these figs were just given the wrong sized pilots.  Anyone know of a good resource for stats on the Madcat, Jupiter, Forestry Mech and the Legionairre? 

...and spare me the comments about giving up on scales for toys, I know it's anal retentive and silly, but it still bugs me, alright?

The generic height is given at about 3 storeys, so estimate about 12 meters, give or take a bit.

Edited by Dies Irae

The generic height is given at about 3 storeys, so estimate about 12 meters, give or take a bit.

I'll second that 12 meters is pretty solid as a generic height.

I don't know if they ever got more specific for certain designs or models, though.

If you have the small white metal figurines, they are supposed to be about 1/285 scale. Then, for more "accurate" sizing there are the armorcast resin kits in 1/60 scale HERE; for example, the Mad Cat/Timberwolf is 8.25" (21cm) tall at 1/60.