Ghostbusters: Legions

I didn' t know the Ghostbusters were having a come back. Is the comic any good? Is it a retelling of the old comics, TV show or movies? Or something brand new? Do the characters look like their movie counter parts?

Characters... well look at the attached images. More connections to the 1985 movie than the cartoons.

The books take place 3 months after the defeat of Gozer in the Shandor Building when all the initial euphoria of New York for the Ghostbusters has worn off. Essentially new stories which ignore cartoon continuity.

"You know, this reminds me of the time you tried to drill a hole in your head...."

"It would've worked if you hadn't stopped me...."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Veikmann (sp?) get a sample..."

"Somebody blows their nose and you wanna keep it..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"ok! She barks, she drools, she sleeps above her covers..... *FOUR* *FEET* above her covers...."

Fascinating... I'll have to pick these up and see how it is.

I only recall one episode of the cartoon tying in with the movie. There was an episode that consisted of a flashback of the aftermath of the Gozer incident, and Egan told Peter to burn their old jumpsuits because of all the paranormal energy that was attached to them (remember, they were basically covered in stay-puft marshmellow when it was all said and done). Peter didn't do it and the Paranormal energy within the suits assumed doppelganger forms of each of the ghostbusters, which they wound up fighting. Indirectly, it explained why the ghostbusters of the cartoon wound up with different colored jumpsuits.

I don't mind this change.... I thought the cartoon characters looked pretty pathetic, and only Peter looked even remotely similar to his Movie counterpart. You just can't capture Ray Stantz's personality without Dan Akroyd (sp?)

Edited by Skull Leader

I LOVE THIS BOOK! ( even though its release is like 2 months late!)

It's wierd to see them say the story continues 3 months after the events of the 1st movie yet in one frame, a magazine is shown with a 2004 date! :p

I am a BIG GHOSTBUSTERS fan since the movie ( which BTW- marks its 20th anniversary this year!!!!) so to see this new comic come out makes me happy!

GB fans should also take note that new toys will soon debut. They have already released both SLIMER and STAY PUFT MARSHMELLOW MAN bobblegheads, though these are more like bobbleBODIES!! I have the SPMM one and its base of destroyed cars on a messed up street is cooool!

And just last week I picked up the 1/21 scale die cast ECTO 1!!!!!

hmmm, me- obseesed? you think!

:p:D:)

Edited by sktchrtst2002

Got it. All five cover variants, too ^_^ Make sure you grab the comic if you plan on it! It's already sold out, and a second printing may or may not happen, so don't take chances!

Anyways, it follows up after the first movie, albeit being bumped up to present day. So none of that PC garbage from the cartoon is in it. Ray still smokes ^_^.